Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Range

aissecur

Hi all,

I have been asked to look into installing a wireless system to protect a garage that is approx. 60 - 65 metres away from the main property (down a back alley)  The logistics of getting a armoured cable to provide power to the garage is a no no.  The garage is not in perfect line of sight from the main property.

So i thought of maybe installing a Pyronix enforcer panel in the entrance hall of the customers main property  (as i can easily pick up a 230v supply from there)

Then install a wireless bell & wireless contact on the garage. The system could be armed / disarmed via a fob or main panel in the house.

My concern is the range and whether it is too much for the kit ...I know the pyronix detectors have a readout on them showing signal strength when they are learned so i could test them that way but i just wondered if anyone had undertaken a similar install or could advise if another manufacturers kit would be better suited?

Thanks in advance

Sounds a bit of a challenge. I wouldn't personally send one of our guys to do that.

Would a premier with ricochet be more suitable and install a wireless sounder at height to act as a repeater with clear line of sight?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi, thanks for your reply...

I thought it was a challenge...

I don’t think a perfect clear line of sight is achievable from the property itself.

The property is a little terraced cottage and the garage is located round a little corner. 

I’m thinking do Texecom do a repeater i could install in an adaptable box and mount on the customers neighbours property next door (at a suitable height) that way line of could be achieved. (not sure they would be happy with a bellbox on there wall acting as a repeater ) . I know it sounds a bit adhoc but i know the neighbours are family so providing the repeater was installed discreetly i don’t think it would be an issue... but would still be approx. 55 - 60mtrs from the garage.

Do  you still think there would be range issues at 55 - 60mtrs with Texecom ricochett?

I have a Risco Agilty panel in the stores so I could try this!

I could put the wireless keypad in the garage also so they would have audio confirmation when the alarm is set / unset.

Do Risco have a wireless dualtec yet? I have lost count of the amount of stadard wireless pir's i have fitted...

Never really had any issues with them..