Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Digiair Gprs

datadiffusion

600x350-DigiAir-Unit-correct-label.png

Well, the above is virtually all you get in the box other than a 'high gain' (T-bar aerial - albeit in funky white) and some sticky pads.

I have to say now I absolutely HATE the mini MMCX plug or whatever it is, feels flimsy and under unnecessary strain. Webway score

here with the threaded connector (SMA?)

The manual is very, very brief, and whilst it only needs to be, did leave me wanting more just for info.

As you can see, there are only 4 LEDS.

GRN or Green, is signal strength, solid for great, flashing for ok, and off for not so good - although, not, NO signal as I have found.

The SVC Yellow LED regards the network and SIM registration.

The YEL Yellow light has a couple of functions - solid means a Dial Capture call is being 'transcribed', flashing means data or pin changes are being transmitted, and a very fast 'burst' means that the Gemini network has accepted the data.

The FAULT light flashing a lot means initial config, for 2s means the last message did not transmit. It will then retry 9 more times before giving up.

Bear in mind that initially during this period, the panel digi, as far as it is concerned, will think everything is just fine.

This is all explained in the leaflet, but does take some getting used to.

There is also a volt-free relay on the unit which is used to signal a comms failure to the panel, via a spare zone or dedicated pin if it has one.

When you first fire it up, it will pull data from the network for about 5 minutes. It's crucial that this is not interrupted, or you may have a nice red brick.

Connecting the panel via the existing digi is as simple as connecting the A and B wires from the digi to the same terminals on the unit.

I used an old 9572 (so old in fact that it was a UK version with glass fuses and everything) and set the data to SIA2 with restores.

This worked first time on the panel, and the ARC received the data as shown below. What is handy is a built in test button which can help rule out panel issues

over that of the comms themselves within seconds.

post-4216-0-48832000-1409850869_thumb.jp

Only a long term test will show how this will pan out, but first impressions are good. If a UDL or RS232 version comes out - Webway beware!

However, CSLs model of not letting you keep consignment stock means any plans to sell monitoring ad-hoc during a service are off :(

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we keep standard dualcoms on the shelf in stores takes an hour max to get the paperwork set up at csl

I've got a spare udl and a spare normal in the van but they are only any good if its already got one fitted

A "blank" digi air would be good. Can't see why they couldn't issue them , does depend how quick the arc and CSL could get the account ready