Security Installer Community

Honeywell G2-44+ Mk7 Rkp Backlight

eightball

Hi all,

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me with a small issue I am experiencing.

I have recently installed and configured a new Honeywell G2-44+ alarm within my property and all is working well apart from the fact I have been unable to configure the backlight on the keypads. Currently the keypads (Mk7 RKPs) all have their backlight set to permanently on. I would like to be able to set the backlight to only come on in the event of a button press or other event such as entry/exit/alarm.

I believe you are able to configure the backlight using "Menu 58" on the Galaxy range, however this menu option doesn't appear to exist for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

eightball.

Thanks for the swift reply al-yeti, apologise it has taken me longer to get back to you.

I had a feeling I was going to get that answer. Looks like I got confused on my research between two different panels. Not to worry, the rest of the system works well so I will just have to convince the wife she can live with it :D.

Thanks again.

eightball.