Security Installer Community

Strange Request.. Alarm Satellite Dish.

ifindoubt

If your out at work, down the pub, out shopping or simply not in.............................what are you going to do if the alarm goes off?

There's nothing I can do if I'm not local, I'm basically relying on some noise to hopefully stop them mid theft, draw attention to theft etc.

How about the old fashioned closed loop wound though it so,if the wire is broken the alarm goes off. We had to do some aircon units years ago because the first lot got stolen. Keep it simple.

That's what I was thinking, what would be the best cable to use?

cheers

There's nothing I can do if I'm not local, I'm basically relying on some noise to hopefully stop them mid theft, draw attention to theft etc.

That's what I was thinking, what would be the best cable to use?

cheers

Anything external grade, alarm cable would be best and a waterproof joint, the person nicking the dish wont be bothered what cable you use they will just cut it

If they have cut the closed loop wire they will probably already have it in there hands running down the road.

I am thinking physical security, cctv or maybe a security light would be best.

With the above in mind you could look at smart water, it could give an opportunity of you getting it back if the worst should happen