Security Installer Community

Recommend New Alarm System - Wireless

imran999

Installing an alarm system in my house and need a wireless system.

Looking for a Panel that is wireless and 2-way.

Needs to have capability to alert via GSM and over IP

Able to integrate IP Cameras into the system (have this setup independently so not fussed if not able to integrate to the alarm)

Viewable events over internet, with ability to arm/disarm remotely.

Prox Tag compatible with nice looking keypad

Happy to have the bell box mains fed, but rest of system needs to be wireless (apart from main panel)

Panels i have been considering are

Visonic PowerMaster (or the 1 way powermax pro)

Other Panels ive been told to look at (not sure if they meet my requirements or if available to non trade)

--------------------

pyronix enforcer
Texecom Premier Elite Richochet
TEXECOM VERITAS R8+ PLUS WITH LED KEYPAD
Scantronic I-ON16 kit
scantronic 9651
Honeywell Galaxy

Risco Agility/Gardtec

Edited by imran999

How important is the IP camera integration as this stipulation has just rules your list practically out and the equipment that does have that integration is very expensive and pro panels only. What do you want the cameras for? Alarm verification or CCTV?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have IP cameras set up on a server already, so not important to have ability to connect via the alarm system.

And it was purely for alarm verification as a cross check to avoid false alarms.

visonic Powermaster has cam/pir units at around £50 per unit. However costs mount up when you add in powerlink and gsm modules to the visonic. 

I have IP cameras set up on a server already, so not important to have ability to connect via the alarm system.

And it was purely for alarm verification as a cross check to avoid false alarms.

visonic Powermaster has cam/pir units at around £50 per unit. However costs mount up when you add in powerlink and gsm modules to the visonic. 

The cameras only work with the Real not the standard Powermaster as far as I know?

agreed, in my opinion Visonic is cheap.

Ricochet would be my choice, but I would put pressure on you to hardwire anything you can. Even if it means spending money on decorators you will have a much better system in years to come.

Many installers sell wireless alarms but they all know that cabled devices are better.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

not relevant is it Matt.

we all know a proper sensor is always working properly. not all this sleep bollox etc...

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

not relevant is it Matt.

we all know a proper sensor is always working properly. not all this sleep bollox etc...

It is relevant. You are saying the wireless option is substandard. Texecom detectors don't need to sleep. Mine are set to always report flawing your argument.

Don't get paranoid :)

Remember all that gear we all used to use on 433 for years and we've all moved on to 868 leaving the old band with nothing there so interference should be naff all. Ham band down there also deathly quiet as is cb :(

With the OP, I would go with Risco imo as you get what you require and they have their cloud for your IP cams. Only problem is you will have to get an installer in for the IP cams.

I would look at the Lightsys but have you looked at the Videofied equipment?

!

What price bracket is the videofied equipment coming in at? 

My budget is approx £650 +-£200 so i'm at the cheaper end of the market.  Although could up the budget if something ticks all the boxes.

Ideally i am looking for

4 PIR's (maybe dual tec)

3 Door Detector

1 Front Door Keypad with Prox Control

Ability to contact my mobile by phone/text (without having to be connected to an ARC)

If above contact fails, then a fall back to GSM.

Anyone read anything about the Canary system that is about to launch in the states??

Edited by imran999

What price bracket is the videofied equipment coming in at? 

My budget is approx £650 +-£200 so i'm at the cheaper end of the market.

Ideally i am looking for

4 PIR's (maybe dual tec)

3 Door Detector

1 Front Door Keypad with Prox Control

Ability to contact my mobile by phone/text (without having to be connected to an ARC)

If above contact fails, then a fall back to GSM.

Anyone read anything about the Canary system that is about to launch in the states??

Anything in the states is unlikely to be compliant with the BS EN standards

£850 buys a Videofied panel and a couple of detectors, Visonic is probably the better route for your budget, forget the cameras.