Security Installer Community

Pet Detector

Adi

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

We used Visonic K-980 for years. The only problems we had were 2 faulty units. We now use either them or the GardTec ones. If most alarm companies install pet-immune detectors (and they do) and we don't, then when the other quoting companies tell the client that PI's work and are fine, there is no way we are going to get the job. PI's are fine for most domestic situations. Sometimes, I think we look too carefully at the intricacies and operating tolerances of a system. Even if the detector didn't pick you up immediately, it will very quickly; you can't crawl around forever, and crawling does not necessarily mean the PI PIR won't see you. If you wanted to crawl around and use furniture for cover and crawl under PIR's then the alarm wouldn't go off anyway even with a standard PIR (most PIR's don't have and don't need look down zones). And how likley is it that a burglar would know all the locations of the devices, what type they are, and the layout of the house? Keep things in perspective.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

We used Visonic K-980 for years. The only problems we had were 2 faulty units. We now use either them or the GardTec ones. If most alarm companies install pet-immune detectors (and they do) and we don't, then when the other quoting companies tell the client that PI's work and are fine, there is no way we are going to get the job. PI's are fine for most domestic situations. Sometimes, I think we look too carefully at the intricacies and operating tolerances of a system. Even if the detector didn't pick you up immediately, it will very quickly; you can't crawl around forever, and crawling does not necessarily mean the PI PIR won't see you. If you wanted to crawl around and use furniture for cover and crawl under PIR's then the alarm wouldn't go off anyway even with a standard PIR (most PIR's don't have and don't need look down zones). And how likley is it that a burglar would know all the locations of the devices, what type they are, and the layout of the house? Keep things in perspective.

57313[/snapback]

You know i just read this post and realised why we are about to grade all our systems. The powers that be realise that some of us care and others just don

Customers!

Hello Adi,

Regardless of the manufacturers 'blurb' you will compromise coverage with pet detectors,  :no:

Is there no alternative? :yes:

25178[/snapback]

Quoted for agreement!!!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You know i just read this post and realised why we are about to grade all our systems. The powers that be realise that some of us care and others just don

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived