Security Installer Community

Pet Detector

Adi

Anyone tried Gardtec's PI detectors?

DSC Bravo6 has been quite reliable. They promise 38kg but i have told my customers that limit is 30kg's.. No trouble, but not many installed either.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried this once but it took 9 to do the job.. since that i have used axe.

28535[/snapback]

Thats actually quite disturbing! are your previous 3 wives accounted for or are they offically listed as "missing"? :D

Thats actually quite disturbing! are your previous 3 wives accounted for or are they offically listed as "missing"?  :D

28556[/snapback]

*fell of the chair* :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if officially, but haven't heard anything about two first ones. Thou i met number 1's cousin in safety check when leaving to Germany. Third one isn't lost.

We used to use k980's all the time, now only use rokonet pet pr and pet dt.

Dont seem to have many problems.

But use vipers if the room is cluttered and gives animals jumping access.

People just do not know the fear of break in and would rather have rex or moggie running round the house all free than protect their home properly :no:

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

• 1 month later...

I fitted a Visonic Powermax six months back and once i'd eliminated a problem with one of the PIRs and the sun coming through the window it has been free of false alarms (1).

However, we got a cat a month ago and despite using the "Next K9-85" pet tolerant sensors we've started to get false alarms. It's a pretty small adult cat but i notice someone else mentioned that cats are more problematic that dogs.

Is there anything i can do about it (dont want to shoot the cat)? The kitchen hadnt been problematic before today but the cat could get fairly close if it got up on a worktop so that sensor could be moved. The cat couldn't get anywhere near the other one that's triggered twice - the sensor is probably 10 feet up in the air oposite a staircase that must be 10 feet away so it *should* be well within outside the stated 'danger' zones.

Frustrating!

1) we were getting false alarms only when were away for the weekend, never during the day, and always early morning. The Sensor was pointing at the wall OPPOSITE a window but when the sun came over the top of a house to the east the heat was impressive and was moving across the wall of course.

If it can see the stair treads its in the danger zone.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If it can see the stair treads its in the danger zone.

33412[/snapback]

Can the stair case be masked off on the detector lens with some

white tape or tip-ex?

Is the detector correctly set up inside, board position and any jumper settings?

We used to use k980's all the time, now only use rokonet pet pr and pet dt.

Dont seem to have many problems.

But use vipers if the room is cluttered and gives animals jumping access.

People just do not know the fear of break in and would rather have rex or moggie running round the house all free than protect their home properly  :no:

28670[/snapback]

Sorry Guys

We don’t intentionally install anything that is going to false alarm or fail to perform. I have posted before about walking away from this type of work. Installer’s trying to solve this problem undermines the industry causing nuisance alarms with 20 min audible and the like.

Seismic sensors on perimeter WILL F/A at least 3 times a year, if they dont you have them set up wrong.

Pet sensors will NOT give correct volumetric coverage.

Now you can argue all you want, if you fit these your just in it for the cash and screw the quality. I await the wrath. (Kipper this is not singled out for you, it's just that your post seemed to have a common vue)

Jef

Customers!

Jef, I agree entirely with what you have said, but what alternative do you offer? If you walk away from this work should the customer not have an alarm fitted by anyone unless they git rid of their pets??

Do you not fit shock sensors at all? Do you not fit pet detectors at all?

If you don't know......ask.

Jef, I agree entirely with what you have said, but what alternative do you offer? If you walk away from this work should the customer not have an alarm fitted by anyone unless they git rid of their pets??

Do you not fit shock sensors at all? Do you not fit pet detectors at all?

33484[/snapback]

We do install shock sensors in certain senarios. An example would be to an internal roller door sited imediatly behind a window, another would be on a party wall. Pet sensors No Way. I just accept that some customers expect to much from a security system & Yes i walk away.

jef

Customers!

Ive fitted Next K9-85 detectors in houses where there has been dogs and cats.

One customer had four cats and a pyronix system with standard pir's so she couldnt use her alarm. I replaced the pir's with Next K9-85 pirs.

Now she sets her alarm and never has a problem. Well none that she's told me of any way!

What about the air preasure sensors made by pyronix, Any one tried them?

Keiko.

Ive fitted Next K9-85 detectors in houses where there has been dogs and cats.

One customer had four cats and a pyronix system with standard pir's so she couldnt use her alarm. I replaced the pir's with Next K9-85 pirs.

Now she sets her alarm and never has a problem. Well none that she's told me of any way!

What about the air preasure sensors made by pyronix, Any one tried them?

Keiko.

33663[/snapback]

I thought id covered this. Pet sensors work on the principle they dont give full volumetric protection. If the cats climb and being cats they will, they would set the alarm of on occasion. if you fitted to manufacturers instruction you havent fitted facing the stairs (assumption) this is because the cats will set the alarm off going up stairs. Basicaly you had a quick fix to get some cash of a raving punter and stuff her security system.

Jef

Only use pressure sensors if you can keep the door firmly closed (Veritec(

Customers!

Most pet sensor's have a tolorance of 80lb i think this is the approx weight of the local heron addict who call then steal everthing without the alarm going off.

Viper / contact all perimeter.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived