Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Replacement Pcb

matt5595

Occasionally I dip into these to see what the chatter is. I don't normally post things. Almost sorry I looked at this thread, given the pages of less-than-productive banter to a simple question!

Matt5595 - in answer to your original question, yes the Veritas PCB has changed (several years ago), but you can feel free to swap out the old one, since the board mounting and terminal layouts were unchanged. The PCB now includes auto-resetting PTCs instead of glass fuses. No this wasn't a standards-related change (as someone alluded to), it was to make life easier for customers. 

James' point below about it being potential easier to replace the entire thing, ousting and all, is valid. His comment about replacing it with another brand, however, is suspect...

As is your later praise of that "equipment" that Honeywell sells!

;-)

Jim ill switch sell at every opportunity. You know that. Im in the process of changing the website for the same reason.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no its just not on sw interests to promote texecom over other brands. Ill be dropping some and introducing a reward points system, for cash, ipads, product etc.

Matt knows more than me as he has seen them more recently about it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

URN. noun. A code that used to be quoted to obtain a police response in the old days by professional companies until some knacker decided he would use a play on words and demand that the polis retake their oath to protect and serve his own needs