Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Replacement Pcb

matt5595

Personally I think Texe would want to know about any "faults".

Irellevant of our spending on said panels. However Matt our relationship with Texe is partly based on our loyalty to them as a panel supplier for a long long time. I am very sure they have valued our business over the years.

Is there anyone on the planet that has had a long term business relationship with you?

Or ever will have?

where's gaz and norman etc... when u need them lol

So why not send them a letter/email outlining the issues and your concerns.

Perhaps that way you show your loyalty to them and are sure of a response.

Far better than airing your gripe out to the t'interweb and trying to claim the moral high ground.

Irellevant of our spending on said panels. However Matt our relationship with Texe is partly based on our loyalty to them as a panel supplier for a long long time. I am very sure they have valued our business over the years.

I'm sure they are. In fact those massive contracts of yours may have been fundamental in Halma's decision to buy them :roflmao:

Is there anyone on the planet that has had a long term business relationship with you?

Many. UTC probably the longest.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Occasionally I dip into these to see what the chatter is. I don't normally post things. Almost sorry I looked at this thread, given the pages of less-than-productive banter to a simple question!

Matt5595 - in answer to your original question, yes the Veritas PCB has changed (several years ago), but you can feel free to swap out the old one, since the board mounting and terminal layouts were unchanged. The PCB now includes auto-resetting PTCs instead of glass fuses. No this wasn't a standards-related change (as someone alluded to), it was to make life easier for customers. 

James' point below about it being potential easier to replace the entire thing, ousting and all, is valid. His comment about replacing it with another brand, however, is suspect...

As is your later praise of that "equipment" that Honeywell sells!

;-)

Jim ill switch sell at every opportunity. You know that. Im in the process of changing the website for the same reason.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no its just not on sw interests to promote texecom over other brands. Ill be dropping some and introducing a reward points system, for cash, ipads, product etc.

Matt knows more than me as he has seen them more recently about it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

URN. noun. A code that used to be quoted to obtain a police response in the old days by professional companies until some knacker decided he would use a play on words and demand that the polis retake their oath to protect and serve his own needs

Ello Jim,

maybe you could get the chance to look into the fact that our last 5 r8+ installs had issues with the bell NOT sounding when you enter a guard zone during the entry time.  Turn off EN50131 and all is better. 

There was a thread started about it, and I rang texe tech support (prior to that) but apparently they could not replicate the issue.

Will not be using them anymore until I get something solid sorted out.

Hi Chris,

I will absolutely look into this. What further information can you provide? Do you have serial numbers from the panels, have they been returned (and to whom) and if you still have them, could we get them please? As much info as possible is useful. I hadn't seen the previous posts/thread.

My email address is (removed). If you (or anyone) isn't getting the service or products that you expect (I don't care how many you buy), please let me know. Forums can be useful, but probably not as effective as talking directly to us when there is a problem.

-Jim

Edited by MrHappy
contact details removed

To make it all simple you can get your accenta and LCD keypad here www.securitywarehouse.co.UK , I still don't like texe maybe it's all the diy fittings around here ,but texe diallers are quite good

^^^ I wonder if Honeywell's or UTC's MD would give out their email address with an open invitation to use it? :hmm:

I think the fact Jim has done that an Adrian's continued contribution here says something about Texecom and I say that as someone who on the whole doesn't use their products.

To make it all simple you can get your accenta and LCD keypad here www.securitywarehouse.co.UK , I still don't like texe maybe it's all the diy fittings around here ,but texe diallers are quite good

The saturation of it and the availability to Joe public are 2 of the reasons why historically we don't use it. ATS is one of the few products that isn't available online but all the other gear that was protected is freely available. Is the reality now that anyone can get anything including us as consumers?

In fairness to Tex, it is their distributors that sell it to everyone, not them. Tex don't sell direct to alarm companies.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

My email address is...

Since when did the rules allow contact details in posts?

Like Accenta isn't DIY either!

There all much of the same, everyone has there reasons for using different manufacturers; as you can see in the thread.

Anybody can get hold of any equipment and install it as they like, this is out of the manufacturers control really.