Security Installer Community

Help: Agility 3 Follow Me Not Texting

Dimus

I had Risco Agility 3 with IP and GSM modules installed 2 days ago with Asda pay as you go card. The installer set up the Follow Me, I've added my phone numbers and from user menu sent test message. Received test message. But it seems that there is no message is actually sent during defined events, ie alarm. I even went to engineer menu and added event to send message for setting an alarm and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? If someone can ping me an installer guide for agility 3 that might be helpful as I've used standard agility manual.

Other question does anyone know how to set check balance using Asda sim? From website it should be text BAL to 2732, but setting it in panel and executing from user menu dont get me any results.

All these instructions are in the installation manual.

The installer probably has not selected to send the cloud and FM channels at the same time and or changed the events for the users (very unlikely its the latter).

If you log into your cloud online, you can set up the email address for your users, this doesnt appear to affect your FM set on the panel and will give you email notification, it will not give sms notifcations from the cloud itself.

This way in the short term you will get an email for the event, the app should if logged in also get the event directly.

Unfortunatley you need to ask your installer to resolve this for you, its their responsability to set this up correctly.

Tweaking a system and having no knowledge of that system is a very dangerous thing, you could inadvertantly make things much worse.

Your fortunate that if the engineer refuses to put it right you could get someone else in to ressolve this for you at a cost as you have access to the engineers code.

Totally agree we install these all the time, but it`s the responsibilty of the installer to check over, small but powerful panel, you could easily alter something else in the program, get your installer back or ask Risco for another installer details in your home area, but as mentioned be prepared for call out fee, or try their technical line

• 5 years later...

Hello guys,

I have a Risco Agility 3 with IP and GSM - both comms working fine.

I have defined two Follow Me (FM), 1 = Me via SMS and 2 = The Wife via SMS also.

I as FM1 get all SMS for events defined no probs.

However, FM2 (i.e. The wifes phone) does not get anything - her phone is defined correctly - FM test successful (she gets a text) and she can set/unset via sms no probs.

Is this by design perhaps, that the system tries the FM numbers in order and if FM1 IS successful, i.e. a SMS was sent ok to FM1 THEN IT IGNORES ALL OTHER DEFINED FMs?

If so then it's a bit silly, as we would both like to get SMS for all events defined.

Any thought and ideas will be appreciated.

3 hours ago, MaxX said:

Hello guys,

I have a Risco Agility 3 with IP and GSM - both comms working fine.

I have defined two Follow Me (FM), 1 = Me via SMS and 2 = The Wife via SMS also.

I as FM1 get all SMS for events defined no probs.

However, FM2 (i.e. The wifes phone) does not get anything - her phone is defined correctly - FM test successful (she gets a text) and she can set/unset via sms no probs.

Is this by design perhaps, that the system tries the FM numbers in order and if FM1 IS successful, i.e. a SMS was sent ok to FM1 THEN IT IGNORES ALL OTHER DEFINED FMs?

If so then it's a bit silly, as we would both like to get SMS for all events defined.

Any thought and ideas will be appreciated.

Don't know this panel but if you swap numbers what happens making her phone fm1?

So what are you using the IP path for?

19 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Don't know this panel but if you swap numbers what happens making her phone fm1?

So what are you using the IP path for?

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try swapping her number to FM1 and  see (my guess would be it will work as its FM1) - I have FM3 set as well with my work mobile and that also does not receive any SMS too but can set unset etc via sms! Seems as though only FM1 is active and the silly panel only sends reporting to FM1.

I changed FM2 (the wifes num) as Voice reporting instead of SMS - still it did not ring her when an event occurred. Follow me "Test" via Voice worked though on FM2 (called her phone and said this is a test message)  as it did with SMS.

The IP path is used for cloud access only to use the app and control the alarm via browser.

39 minutes ago, MaxX said:

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try swapping her number to FM1 and  see (my guess would be it will work as its FM1) - I have FM3 set as well with my work mobile and that also does not receive any SMS too but can set unset etc via sms! Seems as though only FM1 is active and the silly panel only sends reporting to FM1.

I changed FM2 (the wifes num) as Voice reporting instead of SMS - still it did not ring her when an event occurred. Follow me "Test" via Voice worked though on FM2 (called her phone and said this is a test message)  as it did with SMS.

The IP path is used for cloud access only to use the app and control the alarm via browser.

Perhaps engineer setting to allow full options and settings to be sent to each user ,