Security Installer Community

Help With Pyronix Enforcer Gsm

Ben Lye

Have just installed a Pyronix Enforcer with DigiGSM (the Enforcer GSM Kit) and am having trouble with some of the SMS functionality.  The Enforcer sends SMS messages when it is supposed to, but does not respond when SMS messages are sent to it.  The marketing brochure says that the DigiGSM is supposed to be able to control the panel, and should also forward any incoming SMS messages to the primary number.  It isn't doing either of these.

Am also trying to use the DigiGSM to dial out for UDL, but that does not seem to work either - the dial out connectivity test fails.  Also, calls to the DigiGSM SIM card number are not answered despite the panel being set up to auto-answer.  I'm using a SIM that doesn't support CSD (the 'data' number), but I had assumed that the SIM would still 'ring' on a call to the voice/text number and the panel would still answer.

Is this supposed to work the way I'm trying to use it?  The Pyronix website is confusing as it looks like the export model has different functionality (and has an app for Android), but the UK marketing brochure leads me to believe I should be able to do what I'm trying.

Any help or clarification very much appreciated.  At this point I just want to know if this is supported by the UK panel. If not I can give up, but if it should work I will keep troubleshooting.

FWIW, everything else on the Enforcer is working like a dream.

I am fairly sure the UK version doesn't work with SMS control. I spoke to the rep a good while back and it was promised as "on the to do list" but I think recent efforts have been towards the new Enforcer app. Again the app hasn't been released in the UK yet and it wont be compatible with current Enforcers.

Good panel other than that though!

Yeah, that's what I suspect. 

Would still like to know why text messages sent to the panel aren't forwarded to the primary mobile, and why UDL PC dial-out isn't working from the panel - it looks like that is supposed to work in the UK.

It'll be a shame if the new app / cloud monitoring doesn't work with current panels - hopefully there'll be some kind of upgrade available for existing installs, but I suppose it will be a panel change.

Maybe @jiml can clarify?

Have just installed a Pyronix Enforcer with DigiGSM (the Enforcer GSM Kit) and am having trouble with some of the SMS functionality.  The Enforcer sends SMS messages when it is supposed to, but does not respond when SMS messages are sent to it.  The marketing brochure says that the DigiGSM is supposed to be able to control the panel, and should also forward any incoming SMS messages to the primary number.  It isn't doing either of these.

Am also trying to use the DigiGSM to dial out for UDL, but that does not seem to work either - the dial out connectivity test fails.  Also, calls to the DigiGSM SIM card number are not answered despite the panel being set up to auto-answer.  I'm using a SIM that doesn't support CSD (the 'data' number), but I had assumed that the SIM would still 'ring' on a call to the voice/text number and the panel would still answer.

Is this supposed to work the way I'm trying to use it?  The Pyronix website is confusing as it looks like the export model has different functionality (and has an app for Android), but the UK marketing brochure leads me to believe I should be able to do what I'm trying.

Any help or clarification very much appreciated.  At this point I just want to know if this is supported by the UK panel. If not I can give up, but if it should work I will keep troubleshooting.

FWIW, everything else on the Enforcer is working like a dream.

I think you ay be viewing the International version of the website and seeing details of the Export version of Enforcer. The UK Enforcer does not respond to messages sent to it (yet). Go to the the 'change region' button at the top right to select UK English. Then you should see only features of the UK version. Sorry about that.

UDL does require CDS to be enabled and different networks do this in different ways. I have found T-Mobile to be the most friendly as the Data number is the same as the voice number and it is on by default (your experience may vary, networks change things all the time). Some networks also do not allow incoming calls on CDS. Again I found T-Mobile to allow this. When it is all setup, the UDL works just like the PSTN modem.

I think you ay be viewing the International version of the website and seeing details of the Export version of Enforcer. The UK Enforcer does not respond to messages sent to it (yet). Go to the the 'change region' button at the top right to select UK English. Then you should see only features of the UK version. Sorry about that.

UDL does require CDS to be enabled and different networks do this in different ways. I have found T-Mobile to be the most friendly as the Data number is the same as the voice number and it is on by default (your experience may vary, networks change things all the time). Some networks also do not allow incoming calls on CDS. Again I found T-Mobile to allow this. When it is all setup, the UDL works just like the PSTN modem.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.  Interesting use of the word 'yet' - can you elaborate?  In the meantime I'll try another SIM and see if I get any joy with UDL on T-Mobile.

By the way, the UK marketing brochure (linked above) definitly says this:

How do I check the balance of a PAYG SIM?

If your network supports Low Credit Balance text messaging, when the GSM SIM credit reaches a certain level, any received low

credit balance messages will be forwarded to the primary Mobile Phone telephone number stored in the panel (providing that there

is enough credit left to send the message). Should you need to check the balance at any other time register the SIM with the Network

Providers website. Once logged on your balance will be displayed and you should also be able to top up the balance.

The alarm panel SIM keeps sending marketing messages, can I stop this?

All text messages sent to the SIM in the GSM Modem will be forwarded to the Primary Mobile number programmed in the panel. This

is to ensure that critical service messages are received, and will guarantee that the SIM always remains active on the network when

the control panel has gone long periods of time without having to send a message.

Can you confirm whether or not message forwarding should work on my UK panel?  If not, you might want to get that brochure fixed.

cheers.

Sorry for going back on something I said earlier but I see absolutely no point in bothering with SSAIB now.

I have BS vetting, I have efficacy insurance, I might even think about getting someone in to verify the quality of my

work, I have a business operating manual, I have documented procedures, I do full EN / PD type paperwork, but the

more I look at approval now, the more it just looks like fluffy handcuffs.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Data, I had a conversation with one of our top customers today. We do all his alarms,access and CCTV and I mentioned because we are approved that our work is inspected...... His reply...."oh right, you were recommended through a friend of mine"

I stated that being approved we can obtain police response and intruders have been caught on his site by plod.

He then goes" ah I remember that but I was called out and phoned the police as I saw people on site" FFS! So his call was attended to right away before ours!

Visual verification is deffo the way to go now and at the end of the day it doesn't matter being approved or not. It's sad but true now.

!

Lol, yeah thats the way to get their attention!

As for sad but true... Don't get me wrong, it IS sad.

But there are so many things I do now, that I couldn't do, with the handcuffs.

And very little worthwhile that I couldn't.

My ARC, for all the slagging by others, is well put together and professionally run.

When I do CCTV, what am I gaining by doing a proper written spec, site plans, BS based handover checklist

oh, but then having to pay £18 to someone for.... er....? And the chance they might bring

up something about not using the correct font for the full stops, whilst the Gold guy down the road

fits ungraded contacts on a G2 and does sticky ball tape joints in the loft?

I'm always looking to improve my knowledge, and fire is definitely something I do want to get into

and do properly, I'd rather spend the approval money on proper quals for that quite frankly.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Lol. Is that another TOTP with an intro Jimmy  / DLT / whoever we haven't found out about yet badly cut out? The german subtitles suggest otherwise...! Topen das pophits...?

Why does the uk market get a half baked product?

The UK version was the first and the export version was developed later. Minimum requirements are different and they don't have things like BS8243 to worry about. Some countries seem to have a loose interpretation of the EN50131 also. The next version of the enforcer was shown at IFSEC and everyone that saw it was impressed. The app is now ready and I am now testing te UK panel for final release. Search the play store or the iOS App Store for Pyronix Home Control. It's free and you can't use it yet, but you can install it in anticipation if you like.

Will it be possible for existing Enforcer panels to use the new app or will the panel need to be upgraded or replaced with the new version?

It's a new panel. New modems and panel firmware. It will not be practical to upgrade existing panels. But all peripherals will work for a panel swap.