Security Installer Community

Time For A New Sat Nav

abbz

Oh dear.

You made it sound like you had your good lady sat t the side of you.

I wouldnt rely on a real bird to direct me to the nearest expensive handbag store, as I would be diverted via the expensive shoe shop and the expensive dress shop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had Alpine Navigation for years, Just cant beat it..... Not the cheapest, But the best in my opinion     I have these in my vans

Loads of good features, built in Traffic Master, Accident re-routing, Speed Cameras, Overspeed warning & full journey tracking

alpine_iva-d511rb_front.png

Its an Alpine head unit I have in my van. Like I said ok unit. But, the maps are never the latest, only updated once a year....and at a cost of £100 a time.

Them update costs mount up, making the Garmins a cheaper option. The traffic and accident updates, whilst helpful aren't anywhere near as good as the garmins realtime either.

Well the garmin is reserved and waiting to be picked up today. Await a load of questions cubit ! As said have only had tom tom since they came out many years ago. Hope they similar in the way they operate.

Well the garmin is reserved and waiting to be picked up today. Await a load of questions cubit ! As said have only had tom tom since they came out many years ago. Hope they similar in the way they operate.

Get yourself a memory card for it (8GB will suffice). You'll be busy upgrading the maps, firmware etc tonight.