Security Installer Community

Help Needed With Diy 2 Zone Alarm

Hey everybody i just want to introduce myself first of all, im not from UK but im in desperate need of some help with this DIY system, any help will be very appreciated.

So i am trying to secure a cottage in the back garden. See picture below

2uyopqa.jpg

As for the alarm im going with this pcb here Here , then ill add a standard 12v sealed lead acid battery maybe 12v x 1.3 AMP, Ill be geting a 220V to 16 VAC @ 1amp adapter to run the pcb board & a 12v 110db siren. I already have a 4 button & 1 button remote to program it in. The PIR motion sensors  which cost about  8  each they have a 12m range with a 160 degree angle according to its specs ( link : Here ) this is another one that costs about 10 €  ( Link : Here  ) i also have a flood light that i could take the sensor off and place that one outside by the two windows.

As for the PIR's i wanted to run them outside but i dont think that will be a wise option at all ? So i thought of putting one inside protecting the windows & then out sitting outside under the roof by the two doors in the picture. If you have any other suggestions please give some input.

Would you think the PIR's i listed would detect even a slight movement of the window opening ? I would prefer if it goes if before they are already standing inside the cottage, ill be really happy if i can get some feedback.

I have a computer with two webcams would could act as surveillance and motion detection with notification, i was even thinking of putting the one webcam outside by the two doors with a small led attached, then doing the same outside but im open to suggestions about what the best, secure, failsafe method is.

Thank You all : )
Edited by SouthernStar*

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi And welcome to the forum

I dont understand why you are not fitting an actual alarm system rather than a PCB? Does the property have more than two rooms? is it ever going to get bigger?

None of us could say whether the detectors are any good or not as they are different from the ones we use in the UK though Risco is sold over here it is what we would call the cheaper end of the market

Hey there PeterJames, thank you for your reply.

The PCB is the alarm system, its a 2 zone with a receiver and all the outputs like a 8 zone standard alarm.

The property is a cottage so it wont ever get bigger & this will  be temporary in its place, im only looking at securing the door into the mainroom & the windows at the back, the toilet ( small room ) doesnt need secuirity. Thank You

I am also interested in why you are using a PCB.

Is it due to cost? What is the cost of one of those PCB's?

I wouldn't recommend installing cables outside, over here that would be "outside the protected area" and not good practice.

Maybe some contacts, vibration detectors or even beams would provide a earlier warning than PIR's.

The sounds would normally deter most burglars to leave quickly the way they entered.

Hey there Sixwheel, you're correct its because of cost, if i convert it from my currency it would be 13 euro's for the pcb. 

Okay so ill take the outside monitoring out of the equation, i was really considering a vibration detector aswell, do you possibly know any DIY ways of creating one ? Like i mentioned i have two zones so with the 160 degree PIR and maybe contacts for the windows i could come out with a decent system ? 

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Hey there Sixwheel, you're correct its because of cost, if i convert it from my currency it would be 13 euro's for the pcb. 

Okay so ill take the outside monitoring out of the equation, i was really considering a vibration detector aswell, do you possibly know any DIY ways of creating one ? Like i mentioned i have two zones so with the 160 degree PIR and maybe contacts for the windows i could come out with a decent system

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Brightened up the day.

All good : ) thank you

So then i was thinking instead of buying a new sensor i could use the motion sensor lights sensor & then just get a few contacts. Is it any different to wire one of the motion lights sensors to an alarm panel ? 

Motion light sensor normally output mains to switch on a light