Security Installer Community

Invasion Of Ip Cameras

Hello everybody. As always, sorry for bad english. 

Today, a friend (who has a CCTV system in your company) said that a few days ago had managed to view the cameras from another company on your smartphone. According to him, the company that provides the tracking service, reported to be a problem when using the same model of DVR. That may have been a conflict of IPs, or something ... honestly, looks like an attempted invasion. It is very easy to break into a network and view the IP or analog cameras within the same network?

James, as I always say, my English is bad, but the forum is great. Sorry again if I did not express myself well.

It is possible to hack into a CCTV system without knowing the password of the router or IP cameras?

anything that is direct on the web needs to be managed. As you say the router would be an attack point, so would anything port forwarded. But there are a few here that know more than i do on exploits.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 4 weeks later...

i have been working with CCTVs for 7 years and never heard of such incident...! cctv

some DVRs use a server to simiulate Static IP... it may have been a problem with DVR company server!!!

it was done metasploit gave the software and procedure to do it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.