Security Installer Community

Castle Care 1600 Alarm Control - 2Nd Try At It.

Hi

The scenario: 

1. There are 3 sensors, 1 in each room.

2. The battery has been replaced by a new 1.

3. How do I program the Castle Care 1600 Alarm correctly?

4. Are the steps involved:

a. Program 1 sensor for 1st zone (Room 1)

b. Program 1 sensor for 2nd zone (Room 2)

c. Program final sensor 3rd zone (This will be the final door / exit zone)

d. Program the EXIT time for leaving.

e. Program the ENTRY time for entering.

5. For each of the steps above what is the programming sequence. i.e. 22# etc.

6. If somebody can spend briefly no more than 10 mins I would be grateful.

7. I do not want redirections, links, manuals, installation instructions etc. I have that already.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Edited by JoePublic

If you have manual , isn't the sequence to do it on page 18 onwards allot easier if you go through that, as everything is there?

Or have you tried it and hasn't worked , if this is the case what error are you getting?

Ie entered programming mode , selected let's say zone eleven as 11# and then select it's attribute so in case of rooms you would set them to intruder and yes door contact or pir in hallway as exit

Hi

Thanks for your reply my problem is I do not understand the "theory" of how to design this. If I know that then I can program from the manual. For example, you know the scenario therefore what steps do I need to follow would it be:

Edited by JoePublic

SORRY ABOUT THE INCOMPLETE POST ABOVE 

Hi

Thanks for your reply my problem is I do not understand the "theory" of how to design this. If I knew this then I can program from the manual. For example, you know the scenario therefore what steps do I need,  would it be:

Entered programming mode , selected let's say zone eleven as 11#
 select it's attribute so in case of rooms you would set them to intruder

b. Program 1 sensor for 2nd zone (Room 2)
Entered programming mode , selected let's say zone twelve as 12# 
select it's attribute so in case of rooms you would set them to intruder 

c. Program final sensor 3rd zone (This will be the final door / exit zone)
Entered programming mode , selected let's say zone thirteen as 13#
attribute would be Entry-Exit

Then I program:

The EXIT time for leaving.
The ENTRY time for entering.

Is this the complete design or have I missed anything out ?

I do not have a problem programming what I need is the design steps for my scenario. Once I have that I can program from the manual.

Thanks

Joe

Ok basically you want to know all the settings required to make your alarm work

That's very difficult as an engineer would check all the settings from a to z

As for zones yes more or less correct that would get you going , provind the wiring is correct

In very basic terms some panels are already generally setup except zones and you might find out the hard way when something either doesn't work or goes faulty

Spare of all unused zones ie make them not in use , make sure bell time is correct, etc

Then you will have to use it to see what happens, and might end up calling an engineer to programme it, if you flick through the manual and understand how to programme zones and timers, do you really know what whey other term means?

If you really going to have a go, perhaps don't connect an external bell yet so at least problems are located to sounding inside instead of outside

Or get an engineer

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/268-uk-security-installers-by-regional-police-force/

• 4 weeks later...

I think I should chime in here. The 1600 is about twenty years old. The last manual is dated 2001. Sorry we can't support it. You can still download manuals at
I will PM the login details.
In all honesty, with a panel this old, and for the cost of a new panel, I would say replace it. Euro46 should do the job but the EOL resistors will have to be changed.

That goes for allot of newer panels to!

easy!

I think I should chime in here. The 1600 is about twenty years old. The last manual is dated 2001. Sorry we can't support it. You can still download manuals at

I will PM the login details.

In all honesty, with a panel this old, and for the cost of a new panel, I would say replace it. Euro46 should do the job but the EOL resistors will have to be changed.

easy!

FFS Id rather you didnt pm the login details for manuals for your products to someone you dont know cant confirm is not a burglar. I cant believe that you would offer to do so especially when the ops handle is joe public obviously not trade!!

Totally agree. Doesn't matter about the age. Too many customer supports are really just company support, to help sell. They don't give a toss about the customer in reality. Take JimL's post, the manufacturer answer, we don't want to support you, just sell you another.

Support the old panels you cop-outs, after all, it is 'CUSTOMER' support. Having said that, pay peanuts for products you get monkey back up. We always pay more and have panels out there at that age. The support team we use are only too happy to help. 

the manufacturer answer, we don't want to support you, just sell you another.

Does the revenue from a sale 20yrs ago really provide enough income to support the product until the end of eternity...

Support the old panels you cop-outs, after all, it is 'CUSTOMER' support. Having said that, pay peanuts for products you get monkey back up. We always pay more and have panels out there at that age. The support team we use are only too happy to help.

We can support old stuff, its normally because we fitted it in the 1st place, however unlikely the manufacturer where getting paid to do it.

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

No, but if it works and all you want to know is how it works then why not?. It is not the customers responsibility to maintain a company. However, it sums up the attitude of Pyronix.  Budget systems with budget support and budget attitude. Buy Chinese **** and you get chinese **** service, based in uk or not. 

Joe Public, scrap the scrap and buy a new one, only this time spend a bit more and buy from an Alarm Manufacturer, not a PIR manufacture who buys old bankrupt companies and passes the old technology off as state of the art. You get what you pay for. Pyronix, the Sports Soccer of the security world....Can't believe the attitude....

'however unlikely the manufacturer where getting paid to do it'. Sums it up really.

This is not Microsoft and not the same business. But, you are correct in a way, microsoft should support older OS's, absolutely. Two wrongs do not make it right. All companies should support old products. Not fully, but at least when support ends for a product there are some support documents based on past issues or programming routines that should be created to pass on if required. These should be step by step, easy to follow guides that an installer can use, rather than the crazy manuals the cop-out with. This would take little time and solve so many issues for a very long time.

This would be pro-active rather than, screw you. You make a good point though with microsoft as an example. It seems the american mentality is being used to justify **** support. dell, is probably the best example. This is not good for UK business or business in general. If all we want to do is follow, then we are going to find it difficult, because the americans are far better at **** service than us.

We should be leading, not following. Though, your comment is correct, that extra mile is now going in the opposite direction. 

Adam I dont agree. Noone can support a product for ever for free. Maybe installers etc should pay for manufacturer support. Its paid for from product sales this year, not 20 years ago. If there was a paid for support option for legacy products would you subscribe to that?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

However, it sums up the attitude of Pyronix.  Budget systems with budget support and budget attitude. Buy Chinese **** and you get chinese **** service, based in uk or not.

I doubt you'd get any better tech support from any co. for controls of similar age...

Mr? Veritas God

Wow

Give Microsoft a bell and ask for some support for Vista

Don't think even ms got it to work?

I doubt you'd get any better tech support from any co. for controls of similar age...

Neither do I. How many years service do you expect for something that cost less than a meal out?

Adam I dont agree. Noone can support a product for ever for free. Maybe installers etc should pay for manufacturer support. Its paid for from product sales this year, not 20 years ago. If there was a paid for support option for legacy products would you subscribe to that?

I think you make a valid point. Once you've bought the panel, the manufacturer gets naff all, unlike the installer.

Today apple announced iPhone 6. My 2 year old 4s is going into retirement. Imagine I'd we were using mobiles that were 20 years old. We'd just be progressing to caller ID

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• 4 weeks later...

An alarm panel is a different situation.

If you choose to support stuff forever & day you'll have lots of old gear on the books,

Problem comes latter down the line when you want to train somebody to work on your estate & the gear is older than the employee & you ain't got a spare **** 6, 9540 or whatever to show them

Mr? Veritas God

bit like the situation we're in.

We have lots of iD out there, i cut my teeth on Karizma + and the 690 iD. But we as a co, we haven't fitted iD for a good 8+ years now, so now training up the new lads on obsolete panels/wiring does have its issues.