Security Installer Community

Need Help With Choosing A Setup

snadge

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-500gb-8-channel-cctv-kit-with-4-bullet-cameras-n91nb

4 cams & receiver for less than £200 there...1080p so hi-res, 100fps, connects too router (TCP/IP) so assuming as well as my tablet or phone I can use PC and the supplied software to read from the internal PVR  (CCTV PVR - ROUTER - PC)

if the cams are **** then say so... 

The cameras are nowhere near 1080p quality from a quick read of the spec sheet.

Did you have a look at the thread I recommended? Like I say if you read the whole thing you will understand we get these threads a lot (post 17 maybe helpful).

Nobody here can help you with consumer grade kit like maplins, it's not fit for purpose in our eyes.

sorry that one is D1 so its Standard Def...good enough I think when car is parked just feet away from the camera

lets clear at least something up:

1) the whole "identify thieves" thing...i thought it would be obvious to a 'security expert' when a noob says something like not bothered about "identifying thieves...but that sounds good and would like to know more about it" - I would of picked that up as meaning he thinks it detects thieves faces and checks against a known thieve database online and set bells off... of course i meant want to see who's doing what...WHY would I come on here and say i want a camera that doesnt show you who it is thats doing it? - common sense should have prevailed that one to someone of that calibre..

I will read that post now:

after reading the nasty responses to the guy in question on that thread I can clearly see that this is just a CCTV installers haunt for chat & getting jobs off people coming here just wanting help...seen it happen at DIYnot (a tiler, and do a **** job that had to tore down!!) you offer more critiscism than help, there will be one or two good people here but most of the "long-termers" (like "Mr Logic"...bet he looks like the fukcer too) will be here just as p1ss-takers

if it were so difficult to install a camera on a wall why would maplins sell them...christ ive worked in the building trade for 30 years and IT for 10 - think i can install a camera on a wall and wire it through too the receiver...

your problem is your in a job thats easy to do so your annoyed at people looking for some advice on components for self install = YOU LESS MONEY,.,,

TA TA - WONT BE BACK

£1000 is way out of budget TBH  I was hoping no more than £400 in total (£200 each)

So, a budget of £199 then. Just like DD said.

As you've already been told, you ain't gonna get anyone on here recommending anything at that price band.no matter how many times you ask.

So, a budget of £199 then. Just like DD said.

As you've already been told, you ain't gonna get anyone on here recommending anything at that price band.no matter how many times you ask.

I'm just a thick cnut Cubit - don't drag me back into this!

And clearly misinterpreted identifying suspects as meaning that 'FaceArrest' software as featured on CSI Ambleside.

But he won't be back, off to Grahams for a builders spec CCTV kit no doubt! He works in IT you know?

The funniest thing is that we are such assholes to people they then line up to offer us £200 for 4 camera CCTV jobs...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

if it were so difficult to install a camera on a wall why would maplins sell them...christ ive worked in the building trade for 30 years and IT for 10 - think i can install a camera on a wall and wire it through too the receiver...

your problem is your in a job thats easy to do so your annoyed at people looking for some advice on components for self install = YOU LESS MONEY,.,,

TA TA - WONT BE BACK

I'm just a thick cnut Cubit - don't drag me back into this!

And clearly misinterpreted identifying suspects as meaning that 'FaceArrest' software as featured on CSI Ambleside.

But he won't be back, off to Grahams for a builders spec CCTV kit no doubt! He works in IT you know?

The funniest thing is that we are such assholes to people they then line up to offer us £200 for 4 camera CCTV jobs...

Clearly a builder.

Reckon he's arfwits sparky.

http://search.diynot.com/forum_search.php?sortbytime=0&q=&stype=0&author=snadge&page=2

TA TA - WONT BE BACK

Because Maplin are a business and therefore have to make profit by selling cheap consumer plug together tat.

As I explained on the thread I linked to, there is more to installing CCTV then sticking cameras about. Wait until you have a run in with solicitors for breaching the Data Protection Act or something similar...

Good, no need to waste my time trying to help someone who clearly hasn't listened to the advise they asked for.

sorry that one is D1 so its Standard Def...good enough I think when car is parked just feet away from the camera

lets clear at least something up:

1) the whole "identify thieves" thing...i thought it would be obvious to a 'security expert' when a noob says something like not bothered about "identifying thieves...but that sounds good and would like to know more about it" - I would of picked that up as meaning he thinks it detects thieves faces and checks against a known thieve database online and set bells off... of course i meant want to see who's doing what...WHY would I come on here and say i want a camera that doesnt show you who it is thats doing it? - common sense should have prevailed that one to someone of that calibre..

Whats the point of CCTV that tells you what you already know? You know that some bugger has made a hole in your fence and smashed your car window already, you need the CCTV to tell you who did it. Therefore you need to identify the bugger, and you need images good enough to do this.

I will read that post now:

after reading the nasty responses to the guy in question on that thread I can clearly see that this is just a CCTV installers haunt for chat & getting jobs off people coming here just wanting help...seen it happen at DIYnot (a tiler, and do a **** job that had to tore down!!) you offer more critiscism than help, there will be one or two good people here but most of the "long-termers" (like "Mr Logic"...bet he looks like the fukcer too) will be here just as p1ss-takers

Err because people like you buy them, if they were any good we would be installing them but theyre ****, plastic lenses that warp in the sun so you can never focus them, DVR with no fans, and heres a surprise there not wireless which was your original spec

your problem is your in a job thats easy to do so your annoyed at people looking for some advice on components for self install = YOU LESS MONEY,.,, We were never gonna earn any money from you but when we tried to tell you your DIY budget wasnt enough you didnt like it £400 will get you a CCTV system but its not gonna be any good

TA TA - WONT BE BACK

Buying a cheap CCTV system is a bit like filling your car up with water instead of petrol, it will give you the impression of a full tank but you wont be able to drive anywhere which is the whole point.