Security Installer Community

Alarm Master Mobile - Any Good?

Okay, like I guess all AM users I have a real love hate relationship with mine!

My situation is that I could really do with a part timer in the office to keep track of the CM/PM dockets etc .BUT in the back of my head I have a niggling thought that AM Mobile may save me some admin time, enough to not need a second pair of hands...

So Question is....

1. Does anyone else use it? - General thoughts about it please? 
  2. Do you think you recoup the deployment cost in saved time?
  3. Has anyone managed to customise the dockets, the basic AM ones are a bit basic looking? (examples welcome!)
  4. Windows, Android or Iphone, which do you think is the best platform to use it on?

No doubt this will bring a mass of conflicting opinions but welcome any comments, good or bad!

Smithers

We use it, I only have experience of the mobile side on android. It is **** compared to Cash, if there is more than about 10 lines of text in the call description you cant see the rest, there are no scroll up/down arrows. Calls can be deleted from the device by the engineer, if the office delete a call or transfer it to another engineer , the call stays on the original engineers pda which usually means that 2 engineers go to the job. You cannot read the history of previous calls.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We use it, I only have experience of the mobile side on android. It is **** compared to Cash, if there is more than about 10 lines of text in the call description you cant see the rest, there are no scroll up/down arrows. Calls can be deleted from the device by the engineer, if the office delete a call or transfer it to another engineer , the call stays on the original engineers pda which usually means that 2 engineers go to the job. You cannot read the history of previous calls.

And Jeff wonders why I'm not a fan of AM.

you may be able to sell it james :)......

Alter you any closer to divulging the "other option"?

i am worried about all of the packages, none seem great, below 10k anyway

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

It's a real catch 22 isn't it.

I do really hate AlarmMaster, it's so dated and nothing is straight forward on it!!

In fairness when I had a second look at Clik and the new Clik Jobs app it looked pretty slick (not used it fully though) but it's just too geared to the sparky.

Did speak to Clik and suggest a version geared to our game would sell well at their price structure but they didn't really seem to be interested.

The other option I played around with, all be it not a full solution was www.devicemagic.com which actually worked great for making a PDF version of a call docket, but that was it just a PDF with no database integration.

Did speak to Clik and suggest a version geared to our game would sell well at their price structure but they didn't really seem to be interested.

Ditto!

And I know at least 2 others before me have asked the same sort of questions.

Compared to other trades I guess they see us as a small market?

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Can you blame them?

You say you aren't happy with your current database but still won't jump.

Why do you thik those that are 'comfortable ' with their current offering would?

They may save a grand getting a new DB then spend what on populating it, testing it, getting familiar etc etc.

Clik know exactly how many would move across. It's their job to know.

It's a real catch 22 isn't it.

I do really hate AlarmMaster, it's so dated and nothing is straight forward on it!!

In fairness when I had a second look at Clik and the new Clik Jobs app it looked pretty slick (not used it fully though) but it's just too geared to the sparky.

The other option I played around with, all be it not a full solution was www.devicemagic.com which actually worked great for making a PDF version of a call docket, but that was it just a PDF with no database integration.

You could speak to the bloke that writes mine, we print a jsheet straight from AM upload and send it to the engineer, he fills it in and clicks a button it emails a copy to the customer and returns it to us we save it to AM and send customer an invoice.

They are interested, trust me, but don't want to commit.

Give it a year ;)

Can you blame them?

Clik know exactly how many would move across. It's their job to know.

Hence it's on the cards, but a low priority compared to lucrative Elec and Gas :)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

almost every home has electric, if only the same went for alarms ey

They are interested, trust me, but don't want to commit.

Give it a year ;)

Hence it's on the cards, but a low priority compared to lucrative Elec and Gas :)

Exactly.

Code monkeys aren't cheap. so priorities have to be made.

You could speak to the bloke that writes mine, we print a jsheet straight from AM upload and send it to the engineer, he fills it in and clicks a button it emails a copy to the customer and returns it to us we save it to AM and send customer an invoice.

This sounds like a good work around...take it that it works well for your guys? Mind me asking how many engineers/jobs sheets you send a week?

You say you aren't happy with your current database but still won't jump.

Why do you thik those that are 'comfortable ' with their current offering would?

My thoughts were more to the smaller companies and start ups tbh.