Security Installer Community

Anyone here got it? Is it all that?

I've kept on iPhone 4S as I have a ton of stuff with the old footprint. With the imminent release of the next iPhone thinking of an upgrade but the major reason for 4G. Is it all that compared to 3G?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

When I was in London (ifsec) the most amazing thing was how amazing my phone was working :)

We rarely get 3g down here. have you seen the map? just the major cities atm as far as I know. Maybe NOT BURNLEY :)

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

How much quicker is it?

When I was in London (ifsec) the most amazing thing was how amazing my phone was working :)

We rarely get 3g down here. have you seen the map? just the major cities atm as far as I know. Maybe NOT BURNLEY :)

Yes, I discovered this issue when in Wales last week. Did my head in. GPRS only if any signal at all.

How much quicker is it?

lightening in comparison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO of course

Yes, I discovered this issue when in Wales last week. Did my head in. GPRS only if any signal at all.

Huge areas have no signal at all, I have O2 and Voda on divert to each other to maximise my chances of receiving a call, often no text messages anything.

Imo they should get blanket coverage for basic stuff like calls and texts before we worry about internet. Just for all the old grannies in an emergency minimum. When pstn phones go down which they often do in rural areas people are left with no form of communication. IN 2014!!

And unless things have changed the nhs use texting to send messages to ambulances (source: Radio Cornwall chat with paramedic whilst voda was having issues approx 2 yrs ago)

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Its funny, 3G all over the place even in Somerset, when I'm at the boat mooring reminds me how useless GRPS is for anything other than webmail.

Thought all emergency services used airwave?

If I was in your shoes, I'd move.

So the dual path alarms you fit give GPRS issues?

Airwave for voice comms with GPRS for the actual data relating to a dispatch and GPS position data / unit status.

We have recently had all mobiles removed from service, now the tetra handset is to be used for voice calls to (by dialling 9 of course :) )

My radar tells me the home office are already looking at multi-service Airwave Phase 2 which may or may not be TETRA based....

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Nah, Burnley, he can test the signal then.

Cells are already congested with benefit bums watching jezza en route to the dole office. Thought he'd prefer his old West Yorkshire roots due to the very welcoming Yorkshire folk

Bradford N

Thought all emergency services used airwave?

If I was in your shoes, I'd move.

So the dual path alarms you fit give GPRS issues?

hence a site survey??? And tbh Matt I prefer not to disclose information about signalling we use, this forum is far too "open" for me to divulge what types of signalling our clients have.

X files level of paranoid thinking again.

It's irrelevant the make model of the signalling. If it is using GPRS I know how to defeat it and landline is the same. Doesn't matter if it is csls, Redcare or webway so if I wanted to do over one of your customers the actual brand you use is irrelevant. Defeating it is all the same.

Seen as you know we use MAS, webways, Redcares and soon to be dualcoms. How does this top secret information assist you?

X files level of paranoid thinking again.

It's irrelevant the make model of the signalling. If it is using GPRS I know how to defeat it and landline is the same. Doesn't matter if it is csls, Redcare or webway so if I wanted to do over one of your customers the actual brand you use is irrelevant. Defeating it is all the same.

And a quick click of a link gives us all a clue.