Security Installer Community

Another 'which' Alarm System Topic!

Leigh Graham

At the risk of bursting your bubble, 3rd party cert doesn't make it good.

Tell me about it..I have plenty of problems ongoing with 3rd party approved kit.  but being 3rd party approved doesn't mean it will work 100% anyway, it just means that it's compliant with whatever standard it's been tested against.

It's at least a step better than not being 3rd party approved.  

What equipment has 3rd party approval? Risco wireless with the 490,600 has been fault free for years now. We have to wire in bell and RKP but no probs at all for a long time.

The enforcer is another panel that is good and does what it says.

I still see the Risco 490 etc as an installer kit as you can buy them DIY but the programming is so different from the mainstream panels out there.

!

What equipment has 3rd party approval? Risco wireless with the 490,600 has been fault free for years now. We have to wire in bell and RKP but no probs at all for a long time.

The enforcer is another panel that is good and does what it says.

I still see the Risco 490 etc as an installer kit as you can buy them DIY but the programming is so different from the mainstream panels out there.

Each to their own mate, I don't like Risco panels but I've never used them really (don't you find the buttons really hard to press?)..

Just to say some of our original 30 year old customers still pay there original £35 a year and we have 1000s of customers.

We are approved and give a full service for that.

Prices have increased each year but whatever they pay the first year its stays the same.

We are the biggest installer in our area beating most of the competition.

High prices don't always means high quality as we know from what we take over most weeks.

By the way we did not quote this op just note about pricing

£35.00 pa it costs me £37.50 to send an engineer somewhere. What sort of service would you get for £35pa and how long before the chap charging it goes bust, or what sort of cover he provides whilst he is on holiday

£35.00 pa it costs me £37.50 to send an engineer somewhere. What sort of service would you get for £35pa and how long before the chap charging it goes bust, or what sort of cover he provides whilst he is on holiday

You should get a cheaper car then..