Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Flashing Unset Green Light

Hi guys, I need some help.

Over the past few days my ''unset'' light flashes continiously, also when I set the alarm when going out the normal slow internal beep beeps a lot faster.

I have looked at similar posts and they all seem to point towards  a faulty battery. I have removed the fuse from my consumer unit and the alarm activated immediately. Could this still be a battery fault.

The alarm system was installed, by a local electrician, no longer trading, about 10 years ago.

Any help or advice would be great.

There may be a need for an engineer reset if the panel is programmed for "engineer reset on tamper". But will reset with the user code if programmed to allow you to.

My advice would be to get a company in to do the job as it is not quite as simple as changing the battery, there may be issues with the charge circuit that supplies the battery.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Sorry guys I should have said the make, it is a Veritas 8, I have the engineers code in the installation manual as I was left with all the manuals, I never through out manuals, even after throwing gear away. How do you input the engineers code?

A lot of how this should be done depends on how seriously you take the security of your home.

I could give you the advice you need as could pretty much every other person on here, but there are several issues with that.

If you do it incorrectly you could harm yourself, your home or even be very cross with the person that advised you.

It seems very simple changing a battery, and it is, if everything else is ok. But the chances are that if a proper alarm engineer looked at the system he ould do a very good job of it. No offence but when a customer says the alarm was installed by an electrician it sounds bad, like as in "my alarm engineer did my electrical work in my house" .

The engineer code should not be the one in the manual/as standard.

this would make it too simple for anyone in your home to alter the systems programming.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Hi Chris, I realise your reluctance to advise on a system without seeing it. I have the texecom installation and owners manuals and it has the default engineers / user codes with it. What I'd like to know is how to input the engineers code. I am aware of the electrical hazards involved in replacing the battery. Any further guidance would be great.

I know you will not like this reply, but the fact is if someone does not know how to enter the engineer code they do not know how to change a battery.

I strongly advise you contact an approved alarm installer that will have the experience to ensure nobody is killed or your house burnt down (worst case scenario's), or just simply to ensure the alarm system will work properly.

A call out and battery will not cost much from a decent company. Whereas doing it cheap could cost you lots more indirectly

look for a company that is ssaib or nsi approved in your local area.

Some 'engineers/technicians/electricians' are multi disciplined to accommodate individual customer requirements, this isn't necessarily a flaw in good practice, More like making good use of excellent employees.

Edited by Rulland

Some 'engineers/technicians/electricians' are multi disciplined to accommodate individual customer requirements, this isn't necessarily a flaw in good practice, More like making good use of excellent employees.

Step forward and take a bow rich.