Security Installer Community

False Alarm Last Night

No tampering just send the moths through the letterbox

So we would have seen a ton of moths, until someone broke in then we would see an intruder and police it.

how do you inform the customer,do you ring the bells remotely or ring the customer and say by the way theres a hooded moth downstairs

Depends on alarm co or end users wishes. Some don't have any bells at all. Not required under EN's

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

So we would have seen a ton of moths, until someone broke in then we would see an intruder and police it.

Depends on alarm co or end users wishes. Some don't have any bells at all. Not required under EN's

forget ens here i can understand on a commercial but a domestic id want to know asap with bells going,even a phone call isnt enough as either said moth could pull it out or customer doesnt have it to hand

Alas, I just don't want connected cameras all over the house. It's a step too far for me.  Fine for a business, but the hacking potential for a domestic is a nightmare.  From what I've seen of security panel firmware, it doesn't fill me with confidence in having cameras added to the mix.

Advantage of MAS. You can have it exactly as you want :) No one glove fits all approach

but you said the advantage of vf is customer wouldnt be disturbed on this domestic situation,just find it a bit odd that someone could have a break in and be upstairs asleep without knowing until the polis turn up which could take.....

Arc see a moth?

Behave.

You would if it was sat on the motionviewer's camera :)

but you said the advantage of vf is customer wouldnt be disturbed on this domestic situation,just find it a bit odd that someone could have a break in and be upstairs asleep without knowing until the polis turn up which could take.....

The bell is controllable via the ARC and can be linked to an event such as person seen which would fire it off or you could have bell fire on activation. Completely up to you.

You would if it was sat on the motionviewer's camera :)

The bell is controllable via the ARC and can be linked to an event such as person seen which would fire it off or you could have bell fire on activation. Completely up to you.

what do you spec on domestic tho,its not uncommon for anything to fail and in this case no picture being sent bells not accepting a command from arc which would leave people sleeping vulnerable if a genuine activation occurs 

If it bothered you / end user that much you'd just put the panel on instant bells. Job done.

id say for most domestic end users that would be a given,hence the customer in this case being disturbed by a moth you said wouldnt happen with vf

Not for my house it ain't! I don't want waking up in the middle of the night although I had to laugh, I did get a call at 4am to my video alarm as I'd locked the cat in the garage and I got up and let him out but at least I knew it was the cat and not cat burglar.

Not for my house it ain't! I don't want waking up in the middle of the night although I had to laugh, I did get a call at 4am to my video alarm as I'd locked the cat in the garage and I got up and let him out but at least I knew it was the cat and not cat burglar.

thats your house tho,surely a company ra for any other domestic would say instant bells

look its the masters house and the brown nose cat,call him wake the fat fck up....

post-22449-0-98085700-1405542334_thumb.j

Edited by goncall

If its a late Galaxy Flex panel, have you tried the camera PIR yet [part number ISN3010B4] just got my 1st unit, so I`ll get it up on test, at least you can check before getting bashed over the head or dive bombed by the moth, similar to my neighbours home this morning around 06.45, bloody things!. Barry

If its a late Galaxy Flex panel, have you tried the camera PIR yet [part number ISN3010B4] just got my 1st unit, so I`ll get it up on test, at least you can check before getting bashed over the head or dive bombed by the moth, similar to my neighbours home this morning around 06.45, bloody things!. Barry

AFAIK the Honeywell camera PIRs only do reporting of images to ARCs for alarm verification, the consumer is unable to view the images for themselves.

AFAIK the Honeywell camera PIRs only do reporting of images to ARCs for alarm verification, the consumer is unable to view the images for themselves.

Correct.  A separate IP based camera system external to the property is the solution for me.  I have a new in-soffit mount Axis PTZ dome ready for this. Just need to sort out the recording equipment.

Got to wire up camera PIR`s yet but understand they are for use on free Smartphone App, so hope you are wrong about ARC only!!!!!!

Got to wire up camera PIR`s yet but understand they are for use on free Smartphone App, so hope you are wrong about ARC only!!!!!!

Prepare for disappointment then. You need an PE1800IP Alarm Receiver if you want to process images.  There's nothing in the app about viewing images. 

See doc:  http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/documents/Galaxy-Flex-Visual-Verification_Brochure.pdf

Did you spend £100 on the camera PIR's ?

It's a visual verification pir, not spy on my gaf via a smartphone pir.

If it`s ARC only, I`ll go back to my Agility 3 or Videofied for the camera images, but back to the drawing board for the Galaxy, and yes I think the camera/pir was about £130!!

Since when did videofied allow streaming to an app?

Videofied works exactly the same way as the Honeywell one does ie you need a video server that is 99% in the arc so same problem

Maybe risko is your best bet (assuming the cloud isn't down again)

Since when did videofied allow streaming to an app?

Videofied works exactly the same way as the Honeywell one does ie you need a video server that is 99% in the arc so same problem

Maybe risko is your best bet (assuming the cloud isn't down again)

Unwarranted cheap shot.

You get back to sweating that lard off on the beach.