Security Installer Community

False Alarm Last Night

Had a false alarm last night 1am while asleep.  All sirens blaring.  SMS came through saying sunroom DT.   Being a dual-tec I was suspicious of a false alarm and the adrenaline was pumping when I went down to check it out...  I was confronted by a huge moth flapping about in the sunroom that had triggered the DT7550.  Terminated the moth, but it took me ages to get back to sleep after that :(

If only we had a sensor that could accurately differentiate between humans and anything else. Picking up on brainwaves or the like. I suppose most amateur criminals don't have much going on in that area though!

I suppose the only way would be some distanced dual detector pair that could determine the absolute position and dimensions of any object with respect to each other.  Sounds more expensive than a single false alarm every couple of years though.

Interesting

We sometimes use alarm suppression. For a 4i job for example if we got bombarded with low battery but the mains was ok we would suppress the smart PSU sending the LB warning and engineer action it next day.

You can use this feature on specific PSU's, zones, service types eg Fire or Burglary. Very useful.

How would you reset

Why would I need to reset?

post-43585-0-49354600-1405536288_thumb.j

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

We would send what a notice to the installer to look at. For the night we would just let it come to screen.

all night? it could potentially come thru every 2 mins,i take it that would need acknowledged by an op and thats him kept busy for the night till the sub gets up,

all night? it could potentially come thru every 2 mins,i take it that would need acknowledged by an op and thats him kept busy for the night till the sub gets up,

Yeah but not much of an issue. All our PC's have multiple monitors so I'd just keep it open and move it to my right hand monitor and keep an eye on it.

We sometimes use alarm suppression. For a 4i job for example if we got bombarded with low battery but the mains was ok we would suppress the smart PSU sending the LB warning and engineer action it next day.

You can use this feature on specific PSU's, zones, service types eg Fire or Burglary. Very useful.

Why would I need to reset?

I wasnt thinking that it was clever, I was thinking more that its a bit of a security risk. About twenty years ago when I was an engineer, one of our customers was burgled. The alarm had gone off front door he was called out, he arrived  called the engineer who found nothing wrong reset the alarm, an hour later they are back, engineer cant find anything wrong changes the contact, 30 mins later alarm goes off again engineer swaps the zones and omits the old zone the alarm goes off again keyholder decides not to set the alarm again that night, and guess what next morning shops empty.  If I want to burgle one of your videofied sites I just fill the house with moths wait a couple of hours sorted

How's that sorted if we keep the video stream open all night? Also doesn't allow for an extra motionviewer to be triggered. It's a piss poor designed system if only 1 detector is available.

On the example you show, we would have seen the burglar doing the tampering and policed it :)

How's that sorted if we keep the video stream open all night? Also doesn't allow for an extra motionviewer to be triggered. It's a piss poor designed system if only 1 detector is available.

On the example you show, we would have seen the burglar doing the tampering and policed it :)

No tampering just send the moths through the letterbox

how do you inform the customer,do you ring the bells remotely or ring the customer and say by the way theres a hooded moth downstairs