Security Installer Community

Gardtec 300 Correct Procedure

Good afternoon

Would there be anyone who could answer this query form me?

After pulling up a carpet in our new house i have found one of the door sensor cables to our gardtec 300 is joined with pvc tape!

I'd like to make the connection good but want to know the correct way to deactivate the alarm and do this without it going into tamper mode and setting everything off.

I have my user code.

Should i isolate the supply and remove the battery? or is there a mode i can put it in.

I have a user manual but no install one.

As soon as i remove the lid it will go off wont it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like a bodge job. the ends are twisted and taped with stupidly long tails.

If the tamper goes off, presumably it will stop when i remove the battery or punch in my code? We actually don't use it much on account of the dogs!!!

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like a bodge job. the ends are twisted and taped with stupidly long tails.

If the tamper goes off, presumably it will stop when i remove the battery or punch in my code? We actually don't use it much on account of the dogs!!!

Just solder them as they are pop then some heat shrink over the top, so long as you are careful not to short them you will be fine