Security Installer Community

The £7.50 A Month Alarm.

AlarmScot

Can I ask you guys. 

Why do you insist on taking the mick out of the £7.50 a month alarm. 

Whats actully wrong with it? 

A*T do a £99 alarm which if you spread it over 16months its like £6.19 a month?    Which basically all they are doing is a finance offer with the customer to spread the cost. 

They do Finance Offers with a lot customers as you may know that a £300+ alarm can be expensive but spreading that over 12/14/16/24 months can then seem more flexible and might mean you actully secure your property. 

Edited by AlarmScot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know the £99 is just the install, right?

I got Leaflet from ADT saying £99 Alarm fitted from ADT. 

That would infer that they would fit alarm for £99.  *Cough SCAM* 

Again I just wanted find out why they seems to so much a bad thing about £7.50 a month alarm.   As the alarm is very basic and comes with like 1 PIR and 1 door contact. 

Its quite simple really £7.50 devaluations the industry, one breakdown under warranty and your running at a loss in the first year, two breakdowns in warranty and you may as well be paying the customer to have your system. Anyone that understands business understands that profit has to be made just to stay a float

Got a link to more information on this £7.50 alarm? not having all the info doesn't allow for an informed opinion.

I try find a link but I just wanted to find out roughly why they seem to be so much of a £7.50 alarm is a bad thing.   As the Alarm like £120 but I think most customers go for upgrades and etc. 

It's not a trick, and you'd have to be pretty thick to think the cost stopped @ the £99.00 installation with a co that doesn't do bells only, still great value btw.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

It's not a trick, and you'd have to be pretty thick to think the cost stopped @ the £99.00 installation with a co that doesn't do bells only, still great value btw.

As the Alarm like £120

Where do you cover, Bangladesh?

Its quite simple really £7.50 devaluations the industry, one breakdown under warranty and your running at a loss in the first year, two breakdowns out of warranty and you may as well be paying the customer to have your system. Anyone that understands business understands that profit has to be made just to stay a float

Very good point,  Like I think they do the maths at looking at how often they breakdown which were at fault.    I did once go to a house which customer tried say 'It just stopped working'  'yes, it would if you cut the cable!'  

I got Leaflet from ADT saying £99 Alarm fitted from ADT. 

That would infer that they would fit alarm for £99.  *Cough SCAM* 

Again I just wanted find out why they seems to so much a bad thing about £7.50 a month alarm.   As the alarm is very basic and comes with like 1 PIR and 1 door contact.

I do believe I need to fire up the laptop.

*Subject to terms and conditions

lol

I love the TV adverts which have LOADS of small writing at the bottom of them.   Like 'Actual Size is 1:500000000 of size'

You mean like a bunch of flowers?

Thats just a service related thing,  I do think its nice but at same time cheesy.

Very good point,  Like I think they do the maths at looking at how often they breakdown which were at fault.    I did once go to a house which customer tried say 'It just stopped working'  'yes, it would if you cut the cable!'  

14 years ago I worked out it cost me £32.50 per hr per engineer, I reckon its a fair bit more now, I couldn't afford to send one anywhere for free if I was only charging £7.50 per month for the system in the first place

I love the TV adverts which have LOADS of small writing at the bottom of them.   Like 'Actual Size is 1:500000000 of size'

Thats just a service related thing,  I do think its nice but at same time cheesy.

Right, deffo to to do a swap from tablet to lappy,

Or should I say, Surface.

You mean like a bunch of flowers?

Exactly £99.00 pays for a cheapo Lesucre £19per month pays for the monitoring I think thats good value if thats what you want, its certainly far better than a B&Q special.

I actually like that idea, but it has to be costed to the job properly, the last car I bought for the wife the garage gave her a bunch of flowers when she went to collect it, she thought it was nice, I thought I'd rather have had £20.00 off the price...

14 years ago I worked out it cost me £32.50 per hr per engineer, I reckon its a fair bit more now, I couldn't afford to send one anywhere for free if I was only charging £7.50 per month for the system in the first place

I know there a option to pay Extra to get a Same Day Engineer which is like £80 if your at fault.   But generally they booking customer appointment a couple days ahead anyway so the computers plan our route well. 

Exactly £99.00 pays for a cheapo Lesucre £19per month pays for the monitoring I think thats good value if thats what you want, its certainly far better than a B&Q special.

The Le Sucre is a great bit of kit for the market it's aimed @, akin to the way the whole resi industry is heading imo.

I actually like that idea, but it has to be costed to the job properly, the last car I bought for the wife the garage gave her a bunch of flowers when she went to collect it, she thought it was nice, I thought I'd rather have had £20.00 off the price...

They probably have a deal with the florist so it costs them next to nothing to do it

I know there a option to pay Extra to get a Same Day Engineer which is like £80 if your at fault.   But generally they booking customer appointment a couple days ahead anyway so the computers plan our route well. 

Not very good if the bells are ringing and cant be stopped though, especially if its a panel under warranty

The Le Sucre is a great bit of kit for the market it's aimed @, akin to the way the whole resi industry is heading imo.

No need to convince me, Im quite good at convincing people how good a deal it is.....if thats what they want