Security Installer Community

Didn't Know The Police Did The Vetting?

Its definitely time soon for me to ditch Vonage and go pro with VOIP. Need to keep my number mind.

I need something where I can create the usual 'press 1' menus that changes destination and message automatically according to
time and day and also one that I can allocate forwarding numbers to quickly and easily to suit.

The ONLY thing I'll miss about Vonage would be the voicemail to email service. Its cack but you generally get the gist.

Also caller ID is passed to the forwarding number, but gussing most do this?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't see an obvious tech req for the distro, would it be ok on an old Fujitsu mini desktop with a celeron  M (it uses a mobile chip as its so tiny)

Also how do you I/F to telephones, do you still need some kind of external SIP adaptor or just a basic audio adaptor? Can this be USB?

TBH was hoping for something remotely hosted.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Sure and we use national rate because. Wed-Thurs im in Lanark, Dunfermline, Dundee and Kilmarnock. Do they all want local numbers? Were not a local company with adds in the local yell. our customers aren't complaining but Europe appears to be sticking their nose into representing the ignorance of the national blue chips.

I cant say ive ever been asked the question. Do you think the likes of NHS or the county fire brigade might be put off ringing me? obviously not but I take your point that a potential customer looking for a cheap alarm browsing the local paper would have a preference to ring a local STD than one of those strange 0844. Cant say I will miss that call.

No, Not what I was trying say. 

Like for example if you claimed your office was in Glasgow, I would expect a 0141 number and which you can get a geo number and be anywhere in the world now a days. 

Our company has 03, 0800, Landline numbers but I would not say were a 'Cheap Alarm' company,  But we just want provide a good service which if your giving a good service then your customers are happy. 

Have you never tried using a Local Rate Number and see if you notice any difference? 

i thought it was illegal to use local numbers in an area yiu dont have an office? ie sip etc

i suppose it will

I don't think it is,   As I seen Big Companies using Local Number in marketing stuff. 

A*T does it on their Door to Door Leaflets saying your Local Branch is 01XXX and it really goes to there National Call Centre. 

i thought it was illegal to use local numbers in an area yiu dont have an office? ie sip etc

i suppose it will

They were saying Scotland would keep BT & Openreach due to its investment they said.