Security Installer Community

Didn't Know The Police Did The Vetting?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Council Trusted Trader Mark/Tick are good award to have lads. 

But a WHICH Trusted Trader now that is interesting and it is official they are!!!

We are checked to the BS7858 which looks at EVERYTHING from Your last 5 years employment, last 10 years of addresses and credit checks which is more than your Enhanced Disclosure or PVG to whatever it called. 

I can't see anything wrong as they seem to please Trading Standards and everyone.

Council Trusted Trader Mark/Tick are good award to have lads. 

But a WHICH Trusted Trader now that is interesting and it is official they are!!!

We are checked to the BS7858 which looks at EVERYTHING from Your last 5 years employment, last 10 years of addresses and credit checks which is more than your Enhanced Disclosure or PVG to whatever it called. 

I can't see anything wrong as they seem to please Trading Standards and everyone.

You might want to consider the errors in that web page and how they show the accreditations/recommendations to be somewhat hollow.

You may also want to swat up on the vetting and your claims.

You might want to consider the errors in that web page and how they show the accreditations/recommendations to be somewhat hollow.

You may also want to swat up on the vetting and your claims.

There very loosely worded there phrases however at end of day if anyone is seriously worried about them then report them to Trading Standards and they will speak to Business Owner,  Like I could report any Security Installer and trading standard would have a informal chat with you about my concern. 

I unsure about what I need swat up on,  I know I got Credit Check and Indepth Disclosure which Credit Check is generally not done on a Criminal Disclosure as that looks at your Criminal Record and where a Credit Check show if your open to getting Paid off to give information as if your in HUGE debt or etc.  Which I knew there was a British Standard for Vetting but unsure what it is as again its not my area of expertise.    

Trading standards?

About as much use as a chocolate pleaser.

I don't know about your area but our Area Trading Standards a very good at Giving Advice and Cracking down on Scams,   In our area we have a Gang of Security Installers offering 'Free Alarms'  but signing up old people to 5 year contracts for stuff. 

Is everyone up to date with the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which became effective on the 13th June?

Is everyone up to date with the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which became effective on the 13th June?

Thats the law which came into place and meant loads businesses need to use 03 numbers instead of only 0845/0800 and etc number. 

I could be wrong but I know our company needs to offer a 'Mobile Friendly' number from 13th June.

Monitoring stations have recently moved from 0870 to 0844.

I would say this legislation means they would have to move to 03 numbers, given that many companies use there services OOH

just read the whole thing and I never saw anything remotely related.

I did, on a council website. More specifically, and you ain't gonna like this, support can't be on a premium number.

Yea I thinks its too true,   I never called a Premium Rate Number as I always used Saynoto0870! 

Its about time that this law come into place but btw it is only where consumers call the business and where B2B transactions do not need to apply to this is what I can see about it.

I did, on a council website. More specifically, and you ain't gonna like this, support can't be on a premium number.

your correct I don't. Ours are all 0844 and emergency device is 09XX.

We dropped the 0870 once it became a cost rather than a revenue.

"From 13th June 2014, it will be a legal requirement that these numbers are no longer provided for customer helplines. They must be switched to an 01, 02 or 03 number."

Tech support and normal number?

Will have to look at this very carefully, guess we could just add a 0161 for customer complaints and only answer this on The last Friday afternoon of each month.

Customers!