Security Installer Community

Didn't Know The Police Did The Vetting?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Council Trusted Trader Mark/Tick are good award to have lads. 

But a WHICH Trusted Trader now that is interesting and it is official they are!!!

We are checked to the BS7858 which looks at EVERYTHING from Your last 5 years employment, last 10 years of addresses and credit checks which is more than your Enhanced Disclosure or PVG to whatever it called. 

I can't see anything wrong as they seem to please Trading Standards and everyone.

Council Trusted Trader Mark/Tick are good award to have lads. 

But a WHICH Trusted Trader now that is interesting and it is official they are!!!

We are checked to the BS7858 which looks at EVERYTHING from Your last 5 years employment, last 10 years of addresses and credit checks which is more than your Enhanced Disclosure or PVG to whatever it called. 

I can't see anything wrong as they seem to please Trading Standards and everyone.

You might want to consider the errors in that web page and how they show the accreditations/recommendations to be somewhat hollow.

You may also want to swat up on the vetting and your claims.

You might want to consider the errors in that web page and how they show the accreditations/recommendations to be somewhat hollow.

You may also want to swat up on the vetting and your claims.

There very loosely worded there phrases however at end of day if anyone is seriously worried about them then report them to Trading Standards and they will speak to Business Owner,  Like I could report any Security Installer and trading standard would have a informal chat with you about my concern. 

I unsure about what I need swat up on,  I know I got Credit Check and Indepth Disclosure which Credit Check is generally not done on a Criminal Disclosure as that looks at your Criminal Record and where a Credit Check show if your open to getting Paid off to give information as if your in HUGE debt or etc.  Which I knew there was a British Standard for Vetting but unsure what it is as again its not my area of expertise.