Security Installer Community

Honeywell Informa Speech Dialler - Not Dialling All Of A Sudden?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Norman,

You are the man! I had not seen that part buried in the booklet and indeed even if I had I don't think it would have occurred to me to utilise the facility.

I would say that I think the diagram is a bit misleading and the text is not perfect but I found through a bit of trial and error that if I hit 'REC' once after entering the number, instead of before, multiple times or inbetween as the diagram appears to show, it worked flawlessly.

Again, Norman, many thanks.

However, there is one small, minor issue that doesn't really affect me but my BinL. That is the Informer Dialler will only work correctly if the modem is switched off or has the tel. line unplugged from it.

Is there any way to counter this as I know he would still like to use the internet even if we are out the house?

Thanks,

Tom.

Edited by Tommygunn

• 3 years later...

Hi all ... newbie here .... I was (am) having EXACTLY the same issue here (was working for years, stopped, did a re-program, worked for a short while, now stuck here exactly the same....) and had already tried almost all of the above.  To clarify, if I do a dial "TEST" from the test mode it dials out perfectly and works fine.  But if triggered from the G4 alarm, it no longer works... yet did for a few years.  I've run the tests and when I put the G4 in output test for INTRUDER I can see that on "mode 0" (test) on the informa it then shows that INT is being triggered.   .... so I know everything up working right up until the point of the dialing out when triggered (in normal mode, not test).   It's as if there is a logic/hardware failure somewhere on the board because it defies (to me) any other explanation.  House phone line etc. hasn't changed nor provider and my provider plate has a built in ADSL so impossible to avoid having an ADSL filter (unless of course that plate was dodgy..... but..... dont have any other issues that I know of).   appreciate any other help or suggestions ; p.s. last test I did the 1 sec pause with REC, after the number, before the number, and both, and none of these worked.   next step is to try a new informa I think.....

Edited by Jonathan Townsend
to clarify it was working for ages before starting to become unreliable