Security Installer Community

Honeywell Informa Speech Dialler - Not Dialling All Of A Sudden?

I have a Honeywell Accenta G4 and HW Informa Speech Dialler which I installed about a year and half ago. Installed without a hitch.

However, when I accidentally tripped the alarm last night I discovered that the Informer Speech Dialler did not ring my phone or any of the other phones nominated. Not only did it not dial, it simply did not activate.

Up until last night, whenever it has been required to work or tested, it has worked perfectly.

Nothing has been touched to cause this.

The only thing that has happened, in the past few weeks, is that we have transfered to a new internet/phone provider who also gave us a new modem/router to use.

Today, I have been running tests on the dialler and everything functions as it should, test mode, messages etc, except that when it dials and plays the message you can hear what sounds like an engaged tone in tandem with the message.

For your info I'm in Italy, previously with Infostrada and now with Fastweb, using a UK Informa Dialler.

Any ideas?

Tom.

You said " Today, I have been running tests on the dialler and everything functions as it should"

But you also say its doesnt dial out on alarm?

So to me it sounds as if there is no dial tone on the informa or it isnt seeing the dial tone, i assume your phone is a standard phone? or is it an ip phone connected to the router? which might make sense why that wil still work, if thats the case what happens if you plug in a standard phone

might be wrong but inof didnt add up above unless i read it wrong

al-yeti,

By tests I meant that such things as a test dial out, change of nominated telephone numbers etc all functioned correctly. Basically, there appears to be nothing wrong with the dialler itself and I don't think there is. 

The only thing that is wrong is after it dials it gives out an engaged tone while the message plays out.

Our phone line is independent of the modem/router.

I've even gone to the extent of turning off the modem, disconnecting all coms cables to the modem and landline phone and then making test calls from the dialler to my wife's mobile and a known working landline number. I get exactly the same result.

The three default numbers I have entered on the dialler are firstly my mobile, my wife's mobile and lastly my brother in law's. Never been a problem in the past with both alarm conditions and test calls contacting the mobiles in order without a problem.

As you can see from the above test, the problem is not restricted to just mobiles but landlines as well.

No restrictions from our provider which I would have thought would be proved by the inability to dial a landline number.

Tom.

Edited by Tommygunn

So basically the informa calls you when the alarm activates and works with the addition of a beep or extra tone in tandem with message

I assume you tried deleting and recording new messages again? Incase that is corrupt somehow?

I got confused because of title ie "not dialling"

Out of desperation I opened up the panel where the landline enters the house and disconnected the cable from the rest of the house, house phone or modem completely disconnected. I then connected the landline directly to the dialler and still no luck!

I have also done a 'Non Volatile Memory' reset, which has had no effect.

Can I conclude that it must be something the new provider has done? Is this feasable since they actually don't physically do anything to the telecom networ?

Tom.

Still no luck with what? I thought it was dialling and calling you with only problem being the tone in tandem

Question, does it ring your mobile? The informa , if yes no need to open the main panel, it has to be the dialled

Question, do you mean the informa is "dialling" but you mean tries to dial and as it does so the engaged tone comes up?

The informa starts playing the message as soon as it starts dialling that's normal for it

So same question when you say it dials, does it actually get your mobile to ring? If not then as I said before your getting an engaged tone when informa is dialling out and has to be to do with the line

Ok I think reading over you mean the informa performs the dialling operations but does NOT actually dial out because the line is not allowing you to dial out, engaged tone means line restrict for some reason

Inability to dial landline numbers means your line is restricted to incmoning only, please read over this thread again

First things first. Hook up a phone on the line and rail the numbers yourself.

Does that work first.

Does the line need a pause at the beginning to allow a rail tone.

Had this before where the unit is dailing out before the line is ready.

Try this first and let us know

Edit

Dial not rail

Edited by kwc

No problem using the landline, house phone to contact any of the nominated mobile numbers or the landline number mentioned above.

When the Informer dials to, for example, my mobile phone my mobile does not receive a call. 

Ok, I've done a recording of a test call to my mobile from the Informer Dialler. It is with the modem switched off but with the house phone system connected, but obviously not in use.

Here's the link:

https://app.box.com/s/m4e0rxj6wtkqwn6xm9yo

The dial tone opens the recording then at 13secs you can hear the engaged/busy signal which continues to the end of the recording.

Tom.

Norman,

You are the man! I had not seen that part buried in the booklet and indeed even if I had I don't think it would have occurred to me to utilise the facility.

I would say that I think the diagram is a bit misleading and the text is not perfect but I found through a bit of trial and error that if I hit 'REC' once after entering the number, instead of before, multiple times or inbetween as the diagram appears to show, it worked flawlessly.

Again, Norman, many thanks.

However, there is one small, minor issue that doesn't really affect me but my BinL. That is the Informer Dialler will only work correctly if the modem is switched off or has the tel. line unplugged from it.

Is there any way to counter this as I know he would still like to use the internet even if we are out the house?

Thanks,

Tom.

Edited by Tommygunn