Security Installer Community

Wireless Alarm For New Build Bungalow

Pat

Stop being such a perfectionist. You expect systems to comply with the standards badged firms issue certificates of conformity claiming they do?

Few issues here. ISO 9001 is a quality standard so not much use for products meeting product installation standards. Council housing inspectors are in no position to be a recognised authority auditing to industry standards. There is nothing legal about volunteering for 3rd party auditing of your work. Unlike your response service, none of the electronic side is law (except public space CCTV)

You got to remember my company dumped the SSAIB badge as they were not happy about a new alarm which we are fitting in homes and small offices as its wireless and not the 'normal' type. 

I think housing inspectors set there own standards which must come from some Standard. 

Again I have not the clue what ISO we got but I am sure we get audited.   I must admit most customers do not have a clue what all the standards we have means.   I do remember one client did say 'All your certificates just tell me you can tick a box' which she had a very valid point.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take it the wireless alarm you were fitting didn't comply with 'da rulez'

In fairness, they were right to take you to task if if wasn't complaint but equally you have a choice if being badged is right for you. ISO covers many things, it means international standards organisation so all ISO means is an international standard. Usually the ones that are used in our world is 9001 QMS.

I wouldn't share the view that approval is just a box ticking exercise that holds no value but equally it is far from achieving what I'd like.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I take it the wireless alarm you were fitting didn't comply with 'da rulez'

In fairness, they were right to take you to task if if wasn't complaint but equally you have a choice if being badged is right for you. ISO covers many things, it means international standards organisation so all ISO means is an international standard. Usually the ones that are used in our world is 9001 QMS.

I wouldn't share the view that approval is just a box ticking exercise that holds no value but equally it is far from achieving what I'd like.

I don't know the ins and outs of the alarm but it was something to do with they were not happy that it reached there requirements.  I have installed loads of them since as its cable free and they pay like £10 a month for 12 months! 

Yea like if I had fitted the lock wrong or not good enough but the councils have there own spec and requirements like we need respond to there lock jobs within 4 hours.  We could get 'Eviction Job' which means its a 30min response and are often the best. 

I would say that you should have the BASIC requirements but should and want to go better standards than the 'Requirements'   As who wants just Okay stuff would you not rather have FANTASTIC stuff!