Security Installer Community

Wireless Alarm For New Build Bungalow

Pat

ok, fair point. sort of. it must be compliant otherwise they wouldn't sell it as a compliant product - even if that compliance is self-certed..  if their self-cert is not accurate or true  then surely the other signalling firms would kick up a fuss?

regardless of the comms the fundamental system needs to be reliable and the only way to achieve that is to install to a high standard a cabled system.  that audible only system will do the job for which most end users want it to do.  those who don't require any comms for insurance can be up-sold to key holder using a product which does not cause us headaches and makes us money.  

in all honesty i'd rather be doing something which actually held some interest. i'm on a slippery slope at the moment of really starting to detest our industry and even resent the fact i'm stuck in it.

that's because your reading too much of Matts interpretation of the future. His ideas aren't new just rehashed. It used to be speech dialers then text now it's cloud and apps. Give him a couple of weeks and he will be on to the next big thing and don't let the buggers get you down.

I love what we do.

Tonight on my way back from Sheffield I used my mobile from the car to our engineers line in the office, as the office is closed the GOIP (free GG 2 GG) asked for my eng code and then allowed be to call my wife in Ireland on an extension, all free!

A few weeks back we automated commissioning paperwork. Come on its realy intresting stuff we do, having to install the odd system is a small price to pay.

Edited by MrHappy

Customers!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so! What have I got to do with him feeling disengaged?

He's not alone. I've spoken with a few this week who feel the same and that comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Ronnie feels hard wired is the way, but the detector manufacturers are throwing money into wireless not wired so it's clear they feel the future is in wireless.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Not here, I'm just bored of it because it's boring.

I don't think so! What have I got to do with him feeling disengaged?

He's not alone. I've spoken with a few this week who feel the same and that comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Ronnie feels hard wired is the way, but the detector manufacturers are throwing money into wireless not wired so it's clear they feel the future is in wireless.

Where do I start. Perhaps someone of your talents would be better for our industry generally by assisting in the improvement of standards not the degradation of them.

Its fine to be a rebel but your joining a large motely crew heading straw supporters.

Im a fat Matt fan because I can see the potential. You make waves back dooring systems in the local pond. I would respect you more making ripples in a great sea.

The work is out there, the cash is out there. Its hard to ignore rhetoric of £199 alarms and 4 cams for £500 (not u mat). Strive to be the best you can there are worse jobs in the world as PJames :)

Edited by MrHappy

Customers!

Funny enough Jef I was heading into Manchester Wednesday for a meeting with big brother and en route there is a fence that has a big banner on it saying home CCTV, a picture of 2 cameras saying £120 fitted, next day service. Call a mobile no.

It did inspire me that I was en route to discuss buying a fire company rather than a small CCTV one :)

Where do I start. Perhaps someone of your talents would be better for our industry generally by assisting in the improvement of standards not the degradation of them.

You offering me a job :)

Can't see the crew at BSIA/SSAIB/NSI welcoming me with open arms :)

Im a fat Matt fan because I can see the potential. You make waves back dooring systems in the local pond. I would respect you more making ripples in a great sea.

Not averse to the suggestion . . .

Remember, what started the video / non compliant route was SSAIB told me to do one with regards how I wanted to run things because although compliant, they didn't like the idea. This is still subject of a complaint with UKAS so can't talk too much openly about it but the reason they didn't like it is because it was different to the usual model. Just because it is different, doesn't make it non compliant.

Now, if they had have taken off their dinosaur ways I'd be now happily sat with what everyone thinks I should have, a compliant ARC with URN's. This week another 13 URN's have gone and traditional systems removed. All I can see is an ever shrinking amount of alarm companies that insist it should be done X way but their customers are demanding Y. Ignoring what a customer wants to me is something you do at your peril.

Funny enough I was speaking with SSAIB regarding this complaint and as I informed them, I'm not upset about it anymore for the reason I don't need you anymore. I've found a way to breathe without needing your oxygen mask.

Funny enough Jef I was heading into Manchester Wednesday for a meeting with big brother and en route there is a fence that has a big banner on it saying home CCTV, a picture of 2 cameras saying £120 fitted, next day service. Call a mobile no.

It did inspire me that I was en route to discuss buying a fire company rather than a small CCTV one :)

You offering me a job :)

Can't see the crew at BSIA/SSAIB/NSI welcoming me with open arms :)

Getting you on board would be difficult, keeping you in line would be impossible.

I think your wrong about the BSIA/SSAIB/NSI

Edited by MrHappy

Customers!

Maybe you could swing me an invite :)

I can't be bothered with a conversation about why a wired system in a bungalow is better than a wireless system, it's a pointless argument if we're even having the conversation in the first place.

Another of those wireless alarms went in today.

I must confess I find it hard to swallow the argument that a hard wired blind pir that just sets the alarm off is a better solution than a wireless motionviewer where you can see what set the alarm off :(

http://81.168.26.21/RetroComputingMagazines/00000002.video.wmv

http://81.168.26.21/RetroComputingMagazines/00000004.video.wmv

http://81.168.26.21/RetroComputingMagazines/00000005.video.wmv

post-2708-0-28820000-1402063474_thumb.jp

Trunking by us to support and contain Mains and ELV to 360o DT and smoke gens. Has YTS for segregation,

Beams starting high and going low level, then we have door contact and PIR over each entrance and the ali tube on the wider walls is T configured. the plywood sheets are also our spec.

these wired jobs are still available.

Mains board to be fitted by others.

Customers!