Security Installer Community

Problems With Optima Compact

Hi, 

Just reticently installed an optima compact for someone using existing wiring,

Everything seems to work fine apart from the zones that I've set as intruder keep going into timed mode.

I've set zone one only as timed, I've set the entry and exit time to 20 seconds which now works on all detectors, and I made sure that zones 3-4 are not set as inhabited or timed, and all in used zones but these zones still keep working the same as zone1?

NB I used existing wiring from a previous install, but I did note locations and made a cable schedule.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?

cheers

matt

Sorry about this just im having difficulty understanding the manual,

To set programme 1 do I need to press program then ####, then programme again.

Then you get 3 LEDS flashing,

LED 1 = used zones 

LED 2 = Timed Zones

LED 3 = inhibited zone

I then set zones 1-4 as used 

I set zone 1 as timed, with 20 seconds entry/exit, with exit mode timed 

I set none of the zones as inhibited 

Is this the correct way to do it?

Also i cant find anything in the manual where it shows how to select which programme set you are programming, any ideas on this aswell, 

thanks so much for helping me here by the way

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Codes

awful panel, who ever designed the programming needs shooting.

Agreed, I hate the things.

In fact I would say a galaxy 2 or 9651 would be easier to program than this.

I agree with James. It is a very solid g1 panel and if you can't programme one get someone in who can . One if the easiest panels to programme and meant for the DIY market.

G1 and DIY

Both phrases turn me off it immediately.

I can't comment as never installed one but no LCD and no communicator make it a non starter for me :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The original Optimas/Accentas I can still programme without a manual

The G3 range onwards,I still require one though. They moved everything about. Tbh, it very rare we'll fit one, maybe for an old dear with all the cables coming out at switch height in the hall for instance.

Edited by 9651

LCD version accentia g4 just as cheap diff panel , don't see why anyone buys the led type now,

Agreed shoot who designed programming, slight difference on some of them with one key changing codes aswell

I disagree, optima is a cheap panel that beats its rivals pound for pound

Like James said but they do have their place. I had one in my shed for years protecting motorbikes and tools. Damp horrible place and the little fella just did its stuff and never went wrong. Wouldn't have one for the house though (i know it sounds contradictory) I also fitted a stack of  them in some rather nice holiday cottages (although they were hidden in cupboards because they are ugly as sin) years ago and never heard a peep from them.  Basic things but they do work well for what they are designed for.

I also fitted a stack of  them in some rather nice holiday cottages (although they were hidden in cupboards because they are ugly as sin) years ago and never heard a peep from them.  

Bet the neighbours do every time there's a power cut ;)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands