Security Installer Community

Sip Providers

james.wilson

Im currently using sipgate for my trunks but want to look at alternative as mobile isnt cheap.

Who is everyine using and do you have unlimited plans etc? plus need multiple outgoing concurrnet calls say 5?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

There used to be a Modem type thingy that you put a sim card in that connected to you pabx and everytime you dialed an 07 it used the modem all other numbers used the standard line. Cant you do something like that?

£10 pcm no call charges? are you paying less than £10pm on mobile calls currently? Also if you dont make enough calls to warrant the sim what makes you think you're going need to call two mobiles at the same time?

• 4 years later...

Bump

I am using 3cx at work,it works really well and I have been very happy with it. I would like to do away with the home phone now we rarely use it apart from the missus calling the mother in law but its costing a fortune because I have it on free calls anytime. I never answer the landline unless I know who is calling most people I speak to know my mobile. Our mobile package is unlimited calls so apart from the mother in law its not used. So I was thinking I could get a sip phone for home for incoming only and use the mobiles for outgoing, I dont need a 3cx system so what can I use that free and basic to receive incoming calls at home? 

15 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Bump

I am using 3cx at work,it works really well and I have been very happy with it. I would like to do away with the home phone now we rarely use it apart from the missus calling the mother in law but its costing a fortune because I have it on free calls anytime. I never answer the landline unless I know who is calling most people I speak to know my mobile. Our mobile package is unlimited calls so apart from the mother in law its not used. So I was thinking I could get a sip phone for home for incoming only and use the mobiles for outgoing, I dont need a 3cx system so what can I use that free and basic to receive incoming calls at home? 

get a free sip line from sipgate, Use a ATA to plug in all your normal phones.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

1 minute ago, Nova-Security said:

get a free sip line from sipgate, Use a ATA to plug in all your normal phones.

I was thinking about just buying a sip dect set, I only have dect phones at home anyway and they are getting a bit old now 

33 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I was thinking about just buying a sip dect set, I only have dect phones at home anyway and they are getting a bit old now 

had siemens giga set at home which has now gone to work (2nd hand from fleabay)

now have grandstream one

both worked well

Mr? Veritas God

I have a free line from sipgate, works great, I don’t use it for outgoing calls just use my mobile, like the answerphone bit that forwards messages to email

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

6 hours ago, BUSTER said:

I have a free line from sipgate, works great, I don’t use it for outgoing calls just use my mobile, like the answerphone bit that forwards messages to email

Ive just signed up for the home basic one, I intend on using it for incoming only and use the mobile for outgoing too, but the 1000 minutes a month for £5.95 seems reasonable. Ive just purchased a gigaset VOIP 3 dect phone set, once I have it up and running I will see how it goes then cancel my landline with Virgin.