Security Installer Community

Powerline Issues

alterEGO

We have a residential site with 5 tp link 200mps powerline adapters, one for CCTV, one for the alarm and the others are used by the customer.

All locations work fine other than the one adjacent to the alarm panel, drops out and never comes back after a week or so, any ideas?

That's great you'd be surprised how many just use them out the box.

All on the same breaker?

Is the socket by the alarm special in any way?

I once genuinely had an issue like that (with the older TP Link units, the larger ones) as the socket (it turned out) was a spur put in by a **** burying 0.5mm flex in the plaster :(

Going to say are they the new smaller ones or the original  chunky ones?

If they were supplied by you, would it hurt just to swap them over to new style and use the two remaining 'known good' as pairs on other jobs?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Customer of mine is having issues using wifi in his office, very basic office, he wants me to run a cable around the outside of the building from router to office.

Take it i'd be ok using TP links, if so, will the 200 one be ok, or should i fit the 500.

AFAIK the 500 is for streaming HD and the 200 would be fine for emails ect...

cheers

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I've got HD-SDI running on TP-Link 200s (new shape ones), was going to be temporary but going to leave it, works just fine :)

I should point out though that the DVR is the only traffic they carry (no local monitor so used quite a bit)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...