Security Installer Community

Galaxy Data Line 680Ω Eol Resistor

Hi,

I installed a Galaxy G2+44 panel today and have just realised I forgot to install the 680Ω EOL resistor across the data line in the last Keyprox. I programmed it and everything was working fine when I left. Does anyone know how likely is it to cause me problem/callouts?

Thanks

Chances are you'll get away with it. As it is a rs485 like it should be balanced and as the eol is missing it's not but unless you get a call saying the panel is showing missing modules chances are if it's a small run dataline you'll probably get away with it.

it won't cause any problems

That isn't a guarantee although on a g2 I'd think it highly likely that he'll get away with it but to say its a dead cert would be wrong. It's there for a reason. If it wasn't necessary Honeywell wouldn't ship them with the panel. Edited by matthew.brough

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Chances are you'll get away with it. As it is a rs485 like it should be balanced and as the eol is missing it's not but unless you get a call saying the panel is showing missing modules chances are if it's a small run dataline you'll probably get away with it.

That isn't a guarantee although on a g2 I'd think it highly likely that he'll get away with it but to say its a dead cert would be wrong. It's there for a reason. If it wasn't necessary Honeywell wouldn't ship them with the panel.

I've seen gals wired in 8 core on long runs spurred off etc they give less data problems than belden be it with eols in the mods or not,either way if your gonna get a problem your gonna get a problem so in this case I wouldn't be rushing back to fit it

Irrelevant. Don't take my word for it. Use your friend google. Termination is there for a reason.

I never said it wasn't but in my experience I've seen all ways a line has been wired and all wrong and they sit happy,I've seen perfect runs in belden all terminated and problems,so in this case as the op posted I'd just wait till the next visit to fit the 680 as unlikely to be a problem which was the question,now go and play with your white elephant

Hi,

I installed a Galaxy G2+44 panel today and have just realised I forgot to install the 680Ω EOL resistor across the data line in the last Keyprox. I programmed it and everything was working fine when I left. Does anyone know how likely is it to cause me problem/callouts?

Thanks

Unless your data run is silly lengths then you should be fine.

It's all to do with reflections causing Probs on long runs and polling.

wont cause an issue, most that fit still forget to remove the jumper/cut resistor in panel when using two data lines.

Honeywell never ship them with keypads or RIOs which is a shame.

We do fit them but use standard alarm cable for anything under 100M now

ok, i will admit it is brittle and snaps, if installed correctly is perfect for the job.

No its not!

I know one installer now sweating on a job with over 3k metres of the stuff. Trying to blame anyone and everyone for it.

+1

Was on a intruder job last week where the dude doing the access control wired all his twenty or so mag locks in cat 5. Noob :)

Ye gods!

He deserves all the pain heading his way.