Security Installer Community

Minor Works Certs

paul44

Ive found a meter, metrel ML3000 that seems to fit the bill. Just over £400, bargain, might buy 2!

I agree with mr happy, we had 4 of them and had to give up and replace the lot you could not trust the readings.

Replaced them with kewtech but always away for repair.

Would not touch anything but a megger now.

Trade Member

My Metrel is on its way out, I do trust the readings but the thing won't always switch on...

As for certs, Minor works is only a page so I've long since wordified one.

http://electrical.theiet.org/wiring-regulations/forms/ - all official and free [EDIT - Oops, as Paul already posted!)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...

Oh the joy, I just did my training on this last week, so don't have much experience on the form filling yet.

Form 5 minor works, did all the tests etc and identify the supply type etc, just have to remember it when it comes to my first install where its required.

£400, gettingan expensive do this....lol

But a lot of electrical trade counters have 'calibration days', where you get it for a bargain as the cal comp get to do 100s at once and make a packet themselves.

Wilts and I think CEF always used to do it. It was always a proper co. with accreditation (not from China!) etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

And don't forget your tester must be calibrated every year.

Not according to my NICEIC assessor a couple of months ago, he said as long as it was tested regularly against a known socket etc, and readings didn't obviously fluctuate, then that was a good enough check to say the calibration was still valid-though I'm a bit wary of the ramifications if somat occured etc, I'll still get it done yearly to save any problems tbh.