Security Installer Community

'additional Code Required'

hello

please help!

I had installed a galaxy g2 and I am having difficulty with it (it is not connected to a monitoring agency, it is standalone).

I was playing with it (trying to learn it) and I triggered the intruder alarm and then tampered with the pir so I now have 2 error messages on the keypad.(intruder and tamper).

I use my 4 digit user passcode and press '>' and I can scroll through the errors. I cannot clear them.

When I scroll to the intruder message I get 'reset required', when I scroll to the tamper message I get 'ent to continue' when I press 'ent' I get 'engineers code required'

I  have a 6 digit engineer code and when I type that in I get 'Additional code required'. What is this code? as I only have 2 codes (4 digit user and 6 digit engineers)

I also have a keytag that I saw the installer using but I have tried swiping it and it just beep and still doesn't allow me to enter into engineers mode.

I would ask my friend who is the installer but he is away and presently the system is not allowing me to set the alarm when the faults are showing.

Can you please help me clear these messages, as I do not even seem to be able to get into engineers mode.

Thanks

Paul

thanks how do I enable this please? actually I have been looking for an option 48 but cant find it? cheers

I type the 4 digit user code then press > what do I press next to find option 48 pls?

Code ENT 48

you miss the point, where is your support when you need it regardless of the cause.

Remember. Give a paw.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Thanks Matthew and GalaxyGuy, cleared the errors and all is good, you two have been great the past few weeks with my questions.  I do have some other questions to ask you (a bit later when I get some time) but just wanted to say thanks.

It is a shame though about the same old swipes in every thread about the guy down the pub vs professional reputable engineer though, it effects the whole experience using forums, I've read this in nearly every thread.  Maybe give the end user a choice rather than forcing an opinion on the end user.  Personally I am happy with my system, how it is installed and how I am learning.  

Personally I don't mind pointing out little things and if someone is capable of doing it themselves with an odd but of advice then I'm fine with that. The issue for me is when people who are completely clueless believe there ability level is way above what it is and it's destined to end one way.

In the old days DIY panels such as the a1 omicron were sold to diyers and pro gear such as galaxy was sold to us. Considerably more complexity to the higher end panels. The internet has changed that and pretty much anyone could buy anything. What I think winds a lot of us up is the fact mr DIY believes wiring a galaxy is as simple as a a1 job from b&q. I could go to b&q tomorrow and buy a boiler, radiators and some piping but I don't have the skill set to install it, but I could have a go and blow the street up.

I suppose whatever you do as a job, when you see other people make a compete balls of it your natural reaction is to attack the poor standards. Your question tonight wasn't a daft one. The 2 stage authentication is something required by rules we have to play to. Your description was good any pretty obvious what the problem was to someone who knows the panel and a one line response and your where you want to be. That's ok and don't mind sensible issues such as that but as you've seen in some threads people buy it, blue tack it to the wall and then ask us for photos of what wire goes where and then in the same breath tell us any monkey could do it. Understandably the programming might need a bit of help but when someone can't even wire it up (which is detailed clearly in the manual) then to me it's call the man who can.

The house I live in is the result of captain DIY and when I touched an electric socket even my 23st had no problem travelling through the air as the live was touching the metal back box that wasn't earthed. On top of this no 2.5mm ring, a 1.0mm radial onto a 32a breaker. Clearly Danny DIY was clueless and could have killed me or someone else. There is a time to realise you are not up to something and get the man that can. I know it may come across protectionist but no one here is asking for work for themselves, the get a pro is usually because we can see the person just doesn't have the skillet to complete the task.

In fact yours are some of the more sensible ones I've seen in here and make a bit of a refreshing change.

Edited by matthew.brough

What's wrong with being a protectionist? I live a fairly comfortable life and work hard for it. I'm damned if I'm going to just easily give my knowledge away to anyone.

What's wrong with being a protectionist? I live a fairly comfortable life and work hard for it. I'm damned if I'm going to just easily give my knowledge away to anyone.

Because in the www world it is impossible to achieve.

Sad as I'd like it that way but as consumers we have all benefited from the freedom of information on the web as well as been a casulty of it.

Because in the www world it is impossible to achieve.

Sad as I'd like it that way but as consumers we have all benefited from the freedom of information on the web as well as been a casulty of it.

I disagree. We're busier than ever at the moment installing large systems with great margins.. People can't give me money quick enough. We are fortunate enough to be attracting the right type of customers, those who want to be told what they need and how much to make out the cheque for.

My point is the overall majority want a professional to sort things out for them and only a very small majority will go the DIY route.

That said I still don't think we (well not specific ally me) should be so ready and willing to bail those who come here crying they can't make it work.

NSI Gold firm near us sells their boxes on eBay FFS. They should know better more than anyone.