Security Installer Community

Hello Everyone, Any Chance Of Some Help?

livespark

On 04/04/2014 at 7:01 PM, GalaxyGuy said:

On-board 12 zones with the Flex.  If you want to expand the FX20, then add a RIO.  If you want wireless capability, you cannot mix RIO and RF portal on the FX20 - The Flex is buggy as hell around the virtual RIO config when adding wireless.

My advice would have been to get a Dimension 48 over the Flex panels, but since you've bought already it's too late... 

Can you mix the RIO with RF portal on the same bus provided your still only using the max 20 zones?  

I have the Flex 20, I'm not using all the onboard zones but an external RIO has massively added wiring.  I've not setup the wireless yet but was planning on using at least one wireless zone and more importantly I want to use the wireless fob TCC800MS.  Hope I don't need to swap for flex50.

Many Thanks

No, as per my previous post, I think you will run into problems. If you add the Rio, then the portal, you may be able to use the portal functionality minus the virtual RIO zones on it. I'd need to check the validity of that on V3.37 though.

Easier to just swap out the FX20 PCB for an FX50 one.

I can't find any documentation that says you can mix 1 RIO with an RF Portal.  Also the maximum wireless zones is 20 on the FLEX020 so the wireless must override be able to override the wired zone with its virtual address.  However I'm still having problems setting this up.

I can't get the RF Portal to learn any devices TCC800 or IR8M.  The data light on the RF portal is bus light is flashing and the RX light flashes when I initiate the process on the peripheral.  The TX light never flashes.  I've removed the RIO and cold started the panel to ensure its not related.  I've checked the protocol I'm using alpha on the portal and peripherals.   I think I might have a faulty RF portal.

22 hours ago, al-yeti said:

What model rf portal is it ? Exactly you got picture ?

I've got A073-00-01, still got the same problem.  Don't know what else I can try, not much to configure really.  The board joust won't TX anything.

I'm thinking of buying another board to see if its faulty.  Is the C079 the same board in an external enclosure?  Can I just remove it from the external panel and put it in the main FX020 panel?

No v2 didn't work either, well the PIR (IR8M) didn't.  I haven't tried the fob (TCC800M) as its a little more fiddly with swap over.  Obviously I was in the correct menu for each device.

I didn't try "Russia" jumper, just the protocol jumper.  I also tried alpha to v2 and via versa just in case reading the switching wrong, but I didn't get any RX on the portal in these modes as expected.

alpha > alpha - RX flashes rapidly 3 times, no TX flashes.. 

v2 > v2 - No RX/TX 

alpha > v2 - No RX/TX - as expected. 

v2 > alpha - No RX/TX - as expected. 

Don't know if it makes a difference but the RF version is v3.00 and the FX020 is v3.37.  I don't have any software or firmware update them anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dklemm said:

No v2 didn't work either, well the PIR (IR8M) didn't.  I haven't tried the fob (TCC800M) as its a little more fiddly with swap over.  Obviously I was in the correct menu for each device.

I didn't try "Russia" jumper, just the protocol jumper.  I also tried alpha to v2 and via versa just in case reading the switching wrong, but I didn't get any RX on the portal in these modes as expected.

alpha > alpha - RX flashes rapidly 3 times, no TX flashes.. 

v2 > v2 - No RX/TX 

alpha > v2 - No RX/TX - as expected. 

v2 > alpha - No RX/TX - as expected. 

Don't know if it makes a difference but the RF version is v3.00 and the FX020 is v3.37.  I don't have any software or firmware update them anyway.

Leave the portal at alpha and V2. Jumper 1 closed. Ensure that you power cycle the portal.

What is menu 51.60 showing as the portal address ?

Are you saying that when you press the * learn on the zone and set the IR8M to V2 and then add the battery, that the serial number doesn't populate ?  Remember that the newer detectors have two tamper switches, so if pressing the front tamper with the lid off, then you need to have the sensor in its back wall plate to close the other tamper as they're fitted in series.

On 14/06/2017 at 0:10 AM, Dklemm said:

Also the maximum wireless zones is 20 on the FLEX020 so the wireless must override be able to override the wired zone with its virtual address.

No, that's not correct. The FX20 only supports one virtual RIO, so 8 wireless zones.  If you add the portal on its own, the virtual RIO will be added at the next available address: 102.  So that's 100 and 101 for the on-board and 102 for the wireless.

Giving zones:

1001:1004 (Onboard terminals)

1011:1018 (Onboard terminals)

1021:1028 (Wireless)

What I needed to check is that when you add the external RIO at address 2, then add the RF portal and disable the virtual RIO at menu 51.60, do the remote controls still work.

Yes, I can't get the address to populate when trying the learn the devices.  I'll try the 2nd tamper switch tonight, I'm not 100% confident because I don't get from RX flashes from PIR but I'll try anything.  I'll also check the portal address.

I don't want to disagree with you because I can see you have years experience and really appreciate yoru assistance but this is the info from the v3 Installer Manual. Also when starting the RF learning process the keypad asks be to select a zone, it allows me to select from all 20 - I've tried selected from all 3 of the ranges you mention above.

Feature or peripheral

Flex 20

Flex 50

Flex 100

RS485 Lines

Zones (on board)

Zones (maximum)

Zones (Wireless)

Many Thanks for the help!

Daniel

I was using the range comparison chart, so the documents seem to conflict.

http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/documents/HSC-Flex-01-EN(0711)PC-C.pdf

The older G2 series used to allow for mapping wireless across all zones, but my understanding was that the Dimension and Flex implementations were different. I last checked that with older firmware, but haven't tried again on the most recent.

5 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

I was using the range comparison chart, so the documents seem to conflict.

http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/documents/HSC-Flex-01-EN(0711)PC-C.pdf

The older G2 series used to allow for mapping wireless across all zones, but my understanding was that the Dimension and Flex implementations were different. I last checked that with older firmware, but haven't tried again on the most recent.

Okay, since the documentation isn't clear on this,  here's my test result from an FX20 panel when adding a RIO and C079 RF Portal.

First, you need to set the RIO address selector to 2, then connect and configure onto the Flex bus with menu 72.  The zones are 1021 to 1028.

Then, add the C079 to the bus and address it using menu 72.  The address dial doesn't matter much here unless you have more than one portal to attach.  My test was set to address 0.

The C079 will try to configure its virtual RIO to addess 102, but cannot, as it's already used. It cannot shift up one as the FX20 only allows 20 zones and the onboard cannot be disabled. So, the virtual RIO sits dormant.

The bit that surprised me now is that the RF zones can now be mapped over the existing 20 zones anywhere, so you now have 20 flexible hard wired (8 outside the panel if you so wish) zones which can be converted into wireless.

If you add the RF Portal first, then it will snatch the RIO address 102 (even when you disable in menu 51.60) and the hard wired RIO will not configure onto the bus.

I hope that this clears up the operation - it's helped me to understand why I had to wrestle with this previously.

This panel was version 3.37 for the record.

GG.

• Upvote 2

I finally managed to get the PIR and Fob to correct using v2.  I think it was the 2nd tamper switch on the PIR and I hadn't tried the v2 on the fob .  I don't know why it didn't connect on the alpha protocol.

I have remove the RIO anyway, to avoid that confusing matters but will add that back in but after cold start in the order you recommend.  Although for info I think you can change the RF Address using Menu RF Address [51.60.1], according to the documentation.

GalaxyGuy many thanks for the help!

Regards,

Daniel

I tried changing the address, but the menu just shows the address allowing it to be disabled or enabled, not changed. If you disable, it still consumes the address and the hard wired Rio cannot enumerate on the bus.

At least if you add in the order I mentioned, then it will work.

I'm not sure why alpha isn't working for you. Did you power cycle the portal after changing the jumpers? I can add devices in alpha and V2. The serial number of the IR8 is different under each protocol. I was using a V1.08 portal, so will try a V3 when I get a minute.