Security Installer Community

Hello Everyone, Any Chance Of Some Help?

livespark

no dont think so. best panel ive ever seen

Ah okay, I see a kit for half that on SW.  Anyone have any comments on the Ethernet interface ?  How secure ? AES/RSA???

G2 are bit easier for home users I think, GD48 has advantage of telling you open zone in setting, but then g2 offers you the part and night set options for a home user a little better , rather than the gd with a and b key and using codes and extra tags for what you want

G2-20 or g2-44 would do the job?

• 2 weeks later...

also remember that you do not get a manual with the GD48 but you get a disk with the flex,

but personally i would go for a GD48   stable and a bloody good bit off kit!!!

Oasis

a security and fire detection engineer now not working for himself, working for a firm.

• 3 years later...
On 04/04/2014 at 7:01 PM, GalaxyGuy said:

On-board 12 zones with the Flex.  If you want to expand the FX20, then add a RIO.  If you want wireless capability, you cannot mix RIO and RF portal on the FX20 - The Flex is buggy as hell around the virtual RIO config when adding wireless.

My advice would have been to get a Dimension 48 over the Flex panels, but since you've bought already it's too late... 

Can you mix the RIO with RF portal on the same bus provided your still only using the max 20 zones?  

I have the Flex 20, I'm not using all the onboard zones but an external RIO has massively added wiring.  I've not setup the wireless yet but was planning on using at least one wireless zone and more importantly I want to use the wireless fob TCC800MS.  Hope I don't need to swap for flex50.

Many Thanks

No, as per my previous post, I think you will run into problems. If you add the Rio, then the portal, you may be able to use the portal functionality minus the virtual RIO zones on it. I'd need to check the validity of that on V3.37 though.

Easier to just swap out the FX20 PCB for an FX50 one.

I can't find any documentation that says you can mix 1 RIO with an RF Portal.  Also the maximum wireless zones is 20 on the FLEX020 so the wireless must override be able to override the wired zone with its virtual address.  However I'm still having problems setting this up.

I can't get the RF Portal to learn any devices TCC800 or IR8M.  The data light on the RF portal is bus light is flashing and the RX light flashes when I initiate the process on the peripheral.  The TX light never flashes.  I've removed the RIO and cold started the panel to ensure its not related.  I've checked the protocol I'm using alpha on the portal and peripherals.   I think I might have a faulty RF portal.