Security Installer Community

Cctv Problems

Hello

My CCTV drama continues.

I'm swapping a conventional CCTV system to IP.

I've set up the infrastructure, Samsung BNC to IP convertors, IP switches, Transmitters and receivers from building to building.

All was going well.

Rigged up a PTZ on one end and it transmitted to the other building no problem complete with telemetry.

Decided to bring one of the conventionals over to my transmitting room and we got wavy lines, like an earth problem.

Thought it might be a phase problem so ran an extension lead from the old control room and still the same problem.

Then I connected the camera to an old monitor in my transmitting room and had a perfect picture.

It seems that as soon as I connect a camera from the old security room to the Samsung IP converter it messes up.

The thing that does my head in is that the rigged up PTZ works fine through the Samsung.

This is a brain teaser.

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

I'm going back to site on Monday with some humbugs but what I don't understand is that the old set up didn't need them, there's no interference on the conventional monitor, we ditched the earths and still had the problem.

We'll just have to see what happens.

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Have you tried another camera in the same location. I cant see how anything to do with earths or phases can be a problem once converted to ip unless there is a cable issue with the coax (assuming you are still using it and the converters are for sending ip over coax)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi

All the cameras go to the old security room where they are fine.

we are pulling the cables back to a transmitting room where we are changing them to IP then transmitting to the new security room.

All cameras are giving us the same problem except the test camera in the transmitting room.

On the Axis you can (handily in my case) turn on and off 75 ohm termination via software... nothing to do with that?

Had a look. Nothing about 75ohm termination

Archived