Security Installer Community

Need Info About Pool Alarms

ObscuredByClouds

Hello

I need advice about pool alarms, if indeed I am in the right place. My two girls are 3 and 5 years old and they just looove playing in the backyard and around the pool, so my wife and I talked about it and we decided to get this alarm.

There aren't many resources about this on the web, but some sites mentiones various types of pool alarms - those that go on the wrist and those that you have to install at, by, on, in the pool itself.

So, if anyone has any information about these, I could use some help in deciding which way to go. What should I consider when choosing the right type of these alarms?

Any help is most welcome, thanks.

Probably not much help, but if it were my children I would want physical pool protection and would not want to rely on an alarm. A neighbours small pool has a strong metal mesh over it, akin to the type seen on the building site fencing. Eyesore but safe. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Have got a customer who WAS a lifeguard..

His daughter drowned in their pool in the garden. Whilst he was in the house. The guy is manic depressant now, totally blames himself.

You are right to look into this

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Him being in the house might have been the problem. Like I said, my child near water there would only be one place if be. I wouldn't be wanting no robo alarm to be doing my job of supervising.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Yep, Would never leave my kids unattended near water.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Nick..................YOU ARE A GREAT DAD.........:) love you man xx

I've mentally bumped it up my list of things to do. Be ready for a random phone call saying I am half hour away, but obviously turn me away if you are busy.

it was that type of phone call that got me a divorce..lol

was it a pregnant 20 year old on the way to greet yer wife?

• 2 weeks later...

back on topic,

Safest way is always to have an alert attentive adult watching them closely, but i know from my own beautiful fearless head strong precocious 9 year old granddaughter, kids can be very slippery, disobedient and devilishly fast just that time when you loose concentration, even for a few seconds distracted for say a neighbour phone call, or to adjust the cooker etc.

i'd suggest fit a camera to watch the pool area at all times wired to a monitor or a dedicated Tv located in a prime position, only ever as a backup. you can get external flood lights (that need wiring in to the mains) that have a baby alarm type plug in chime, works day or night, again never as a primary protection device, but a useful aid if a kid go's to the WC then slips out to the pool un-noticed, available from CEF electrical suppliers, i think about £45 and you can have additional plug in chime units.

i've seen that orange plastic site netting used over pools, and there is the purpose made netting used for fish ponds to stop people falling in unfortunately nothing can compare with a humane observing intently, anything else would always be a calculated gamble,

so as i don't want them to be mentally damaged by unreasonable oppressive child safety, tie them to the washing line and just hose those little blighters down lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

on a lighter side,

few years back i was awoken by the sound of rain, thought thats odd as it was not forecast, then it really pelted down, as i sat uo there was a very loud whoosh! and i rushed ti the patio door, to see plant pots floating by and eater a foot up the door.

Daft reaction, i went to open the door and remembered just in time it was not a good idea.

Tops out we had a 15 foot pool on our patio, type with the air ring around the top. we think a fox or squirrel bit through the cover while after bugs and punctured it :).

We were lucky in that thus door is a slide and tilt, often in summer we lock it tilted, but nit that night as we would have flooded throughout :o

A very sad Tragedy,

if taught, apparently kids can swim before they can walk, i like the fact a baby can hang from a washing supporting its own weight.

So why is it we don't use this to our advantage? Nappy gets filled, into pond/pool for a rinse, baby hang from washing line until nappy dried - sorted ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived