Security Installer Community

New Home, Castle Care Tech Ct1600 (Don't Have Code)

aks

I just purchased a flat that has a Castle Care Tech CT1600. Has a quality date code of 51/01, and the flat was built in 2001.

The alarm was showing "d" on the display, which reading the user manual seems to mean day mode.

I don't have any codes and since the sale was part of probate, we will never be able to get the codes.

That's no problem, as I don't need or want the alarm. But, I do want to get rid of it and all the sensors from the rooms, etc.

I tried switching it off, apparently a bad idea, and then had the internal and external bleeper sounding. New neibours must be pleased with us, 9:30pm on a Friday night!

I have left it powered off, and the outside silenced after 10-15 minutes. I have disconnected the battery inside the control panel so that's silent.

Before I take any next steps, can I get a recommendation how to disable the outside bell permanently, or will the backup battery likely now be flat anyway?  I'd rather not pay for decommissioning, I'd rather just rip it out.

Suggestions welcome.

I do realise this sob story could be fake, but if it helps I can upload pictures of the inside of the box, partly dismantled. Thanks for any tips.

The battery may or may not be flat, the siren has a timeout on it, so it could be that that has caused it to stop and not the battery running out. Taking the cover off should make it sound if there is power in the battery so be prepared for that don't get a fright and fall of the ladder. If you are going to rip it out it will sound as soon as you take the cover off or pull it off the wall but I'm sure from there you can work out how to silence it as you bin it. Be careful of the strobe terminals they can give you a nasty shock again not a good idea on a ladder. Falling off and spending time off work negates any perceived cheapskate gain in not paying someone with the correct training and equipment and insurance the going rate.

Nobody wants or needs an alarm until they get done over though unless they are smart. Think about it.

Archived