Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800

The 9800 was a panel designed in the early/mid 80's, why would you want to use something so outdated?

I like the 9800 so may be I am a bit retro? Mine is one of the originals just after they stoped the 30seconds to open the lid after entering the enginer code. Never had a nvm change. Had to refresh it once after a storm but I assume that does not count.

Trade Member

I can see why bullet proof items would be useful in your situation

I would hazard a guess you have probably made just a few more enemies in your shorter life than me. X

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Still have 91 & 95 keypads in stock!

I've got a brand new 9600 and two boxed RKPs for it so there!  :mm:

I might do a list for swap shop skip one day, other boxed goodies too inc. an (unboxed but new) 9500.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

JESUS CHRIST,    There is one on eBay for £94 with 36 bids.

I've just stripped this one for the metal case,...... Sod that, Its going back together on EBay..    

I'm glad I read this thread...

I've just repaired this one, Put a new 317T voltage regulator in it,  Works like a dream.... Its now got a stable 13.67v, Charging fine, All outputs working

It will be on fleabay tomorrow... lmao,

One of the bonus's of having my electronics workshop next door to the office,  Everything is available around the clock

Bear in mind its normally the keypads that are worth the money though.

I made the mistake of selling the lot (it was for charity too) and got less than a quarter what I later got for an RKP, in much tattier condition, alone.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Well, I'm going to put this one on fleabay later tonight,   Its been bench tested for a few days after repairing the electronics on it and is 100%

I've got boxes and boxes of **** in the back of the stores, I'm thinking a proper ebay flog off.... 

As the old saying,  One mans $hit.....   is another mans gold....or something like that... whatever

Square style 9651 keypads go for slightly silly money too, sometimes within £10 of a whole new 9651PD-43 kit.

TBH most other stuff is a bit worthless, so I wouldn't waste too much time.

9800 controls themselves go for pennies, its just the keypads worth listing.

Archived