Security Installer Community

Bellbox Connections

welshnomad

Have been in my present property 3 years but I am certain the alarm system has been installed for going on 6 years.

This past week I have had a number of spurious low level alarms at the bellbox.  Due to it's age I decided to purchase a replacement, a Honeywell AG6.

It was a dry afternoon today so decided to climb the ladder and open the box. The tamper did not sound and signs of burning on the PCB so a good thing I purchased a replacement and not just a battery.

The CP is a Accenta G4 but I have no idea the make of the bellbox.

The wiring to the box is as follows:-

Strobe+ve   Blue wire

Strobe -ve   White wire

Terminal T          Yellow

Terminal E          Green   linked to Terminal A

Terminal A           Green link to Terminal E

Terminal D +ve    Red

Terminal B -ve    Black

I appreciate that the actual colours are immaterial (depends on the installer) but I need to know the equivalent connections for the AG6. The existing box has 6 wires connected the AG6 is 5 only.

AG6

TR-      -ve tamper return

V-         Negative supply

ST-      Negative strobe trigger

V+       Positive supply

S-        Negative sounder trigger

Hoping someone can help me.

Many thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it was a reasonably dry afternoon so got up the ladder and fitted the new AG6 External Sounder and strobe.

Connections were made as follows:

Yellow  to TR-

Green  to V-

White   to ST-

Red      to V+

Black    to S-

Blue  disconnected

At the CP the battery was reconnected and the mains supply was restored.  Sounder and strobe into alarm. At RKP inputted my user code and siren was silenced.  However my problem is that the strobe has continued flashing. Tried numerous resets, user code etc to no avail.

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

There was an obvious problem with the original Bellbox as can be seen in attached image.  Just wondering if a problem has been created in the CP.  I would be grateful for some fault finding info please.  I am quite capable of using a Fluke multimeter.

I will be most grateful for any help/suggestions.

Thank you.

post-13771-0-44070400-1392060858_thumb.j

Not healthy at all.  That is why it is now in the bin.  And yes, I do have fire extinguishers in the house and a fire blanket in the kitchen.

However that does not help me with my present problem of being unable to switch the strobe off.

I have tried - Prog 9 9 9 9 1 2 0 reset reset

It does not stop the strobe even though off has been selected.

The next time I go through the same sequence the strobe is once again shown as on.

Help!  PLEASE.

Strobe will flash if the system is in tamper.

Remove the White wire from the control Panel end the Strobe should stop.

Then try putting everything back together including the White wire and resetting the system.

If that doesn't work you will need a multimeter to test the Strobe Output.

Well, I tried that suggestion but unfortunately no success.

Removing the white (-ve) wire at the CP, such that both + and - were disconnected, not surprisingly stopped the strobe flashing.

After putting everything back together and reconnecting the white wire to the -ve terminal on the CP the strobe was seen to be flashing about once every 4 secs.  Does this indicate anything specific?

I have now disconnected the strobe at the CP, both + and - disconnected.

Incidentally, I am measuring +11.35vdc across the strobe terminals at the CP with both wires disconnected.

RKP functions normally and can be set and unset with no problem.

Any suggestions what I should try next please?  Any ladder work will have to wait for weather to improve.

Thanks guys 

If you have put every thing back together, including the panel lid tamper while testing, then it is possible there is an issue with the Strobe terminals on the panel.

Test between 12V +Aux and Str -, if there is voltage that's your problem.

Personally, I never use the Strobe terminal anyway, normally use another O/P.

You could connect the strobe wire to the bell trigger in the panel end or even another output programmed correctly for your panel; my preferred method.

Obviously using the bell trigger will mean the strobe will cancel when the bell does.

Archived