Security Installer Community

Ssaib

sw46

you going to have ti expand in that James!

Chubb Alarms was formed by buying Guardall, Rely-A-Bell and Burgot Alarms. In my time there, highest standards was the norm, most engineers were trained sparks on Burgot, bit like the Print, you had to be 'sponsored' by someone who knew you just to get in.

In my case it was my future Brother-in-Law under pressure both from my sister and mother, i had applied to go into the airforce. i think they were worried i'd spend more time in the glass house than flying, due ti my mouthy ways, no idea why ;).

I do remember my sister, waking me at 4am, standing over me threatening to remove my privates with a very rusty pair of scissors already placed, if i ever embarrassed him, and you think i'm crazy!

Installations were handed over by the installation engineer to the area service engineer, usually accompanied by your supervisor for acceptance, it was then still installations responsibility for six weeks, so if you had messed up you went back in your own time to fix it, if out of hours it was attended by service engineer, but if your fault it came out of your bonus and that includes customer error - because you had not made sure they understood how to use it, with no argument. Stopped the 'fit and run' idiots, as something you did not want, especially if you a trainee - very effective regarding emphasising quality control.

If quality lowered after i left, then i rest my case ;).

I got the "we did this" of my 92 year old Grandad today. I respect him but he doesn't have a fuking clue these days.

!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the "we did this" of my 92 year old Grandad today. I respect him but he doesn't have a fuking clue these days.

fortunately we are not related then, but at least he has done something to be proud of - his son or daughter, then you went and spoiled it

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived