Security Installer Community

Ssaib

sw46

Feeling a bit smug really and want to tell the world. 8 months of hard work has paid off. I was expecting the auditer to "file" all my paperwork in the nearest trash receptcial and he seemed to love everything. Passed the inspection with flying colours. So now my company is SSAIB acredited for Intruder, CCTV and Access control.

Nearly went out and bought a gold star to stick to my chest.

:proud:

Do you not think that's an issue with SSAIB? Ie everyone passes with flying colours? I've just got 4 certificate of excellence / merits as we are so super good and do nothing wrong. We do, just SSAIB don't look anywhere near hard enough to find it. Luckily we have internal procedures that do an we fix it but the fact SSAIB have never found a non conformity isn't testament to the fact we are ace, it's a testament to the lack of auditing SSAIB do.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Do you not think that's an issue with SSAIB? Ie everyone passes with flying colours? I've just got 4 certificate of excellence / merits as we are so super good and do nothing wrong. We do, just SSAIB don't look anywhere near hard enough to find it. Luckily we have internal procedures that do an we fix it but the fact SSAIB have never found a non conformity isn't testament to the fact we are ace, it's a testament to the lack of auditing SSAIB do.

Last month you thought your last inspector was very strict, imo one of the easier inspections I had. You're a bit of a walking contradiction at times Matt.

If you want a proper inspection see if they will allow Dave Roscoe to inspect you, he has since been promoted to inspect the ARCs. I assume the inspections I had with Dave are more like the NSI approach, he looked for everything, everywhere.

Our last inspector said 'I believe Dave inspected you twice, with no NC's, you must be good'

Jesus, nothing like shooting a guy down when he's feeling good is there.

Ignore it mate ;) . It's a big step in the right direction.

Last month you thought your last inspector was very strict,

He was compared to his predecessor. I still don't think we were put through our paces though.

If you want a proper inspection see if they will allow Dave Roscoe to inspect you, he has since been promoted to inspect the ARCs.

I know Dave from the ARC side but I haven't had him audit anything so can't comment.

I'd like James or Jeff to do an audit, now that would be a proper audit :)

Jesus, nothing like shooting a guy down when he's feeling good is there.

I was more refering to SSAIB than yourself but basically you have asked to join the members club and they have let you in. For most SSAIB companies we look at it isn't something to celebrate.

You know yourself if your outfit is a good one or tin pot. You don't need a membership certificate to tell you that.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

You think you lot have had inspections? They were nothing ! When I was a lad our office was in a shoe box in the middle o road and the NACOSS man used to come round and give us 40 lashings before he started, and then 40 more whenever he didnt find anything wrong, and I used to come home all tired with an bad back and me mum used to send me up the hill to get a big bag of  tatties for tea.

You think you lot have had inspections? They were nothing ! When I was a lad our office was in a shoe box in the middle o road and the NACOSS man used to come round and give us 40 lashings before he started, and then 40 more whenever he didnt find anything wrong, and I used to come home all tired with an bad back and me mum used to send me up the hill to get a big bag of  tatties for tea.

1391620381741-20140205_100047.jpg

This your van back then James

None, but I don't know any perfect alarm companies not making any errors.

You seem to have totally misunderstood the world we live in.

It is not about making sure you do stuff correctly.

It is about ensuring it is documented that you have the capability to know how to do it correctly. So that if you don't you are liable.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

The audit should only be to a pre defined set of 'rules' (for want of a better word.

Anything different and it isn't an audit.

Is this not where i came in?

i'd like to see an audit done of any real world merit tbh - and if found lacking rigorously enforced no mercy given. JP treat such badge membership with as much respect as Gas Safe, assuming at least it has the same rigour applied, bur that is a confidence trick plan and simple.

I feel for those who do wear the slogans with pride and trade likewise, frustrating that nothing seems to happen if your 'one' to ignore the rules.

only when it don't come up to scratch then to be told 'they are 'working with the installation company" - REALLY, want ti remove their badge while they dim stopping the spread if the damage, might just provoke a resourceful rapid response!

i'd love that job of 'working with them' just trust me, forget shock tactics - not even hanging judge would even cover it! think far far worse than that, like witch hunter general - and yes including trial by ducking pool!

:)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Arf would apply the same logic to your training and Chubb?

you going to have ti expand in that James!

Chubb Alarms was formed by buying Guardall, Rely-A-Bell and Burgot Alarms. In my time there, highest standards was the norm, most engineers were trained sparks on Burgot, bit like the Print, you had to be 'sponsored' by someone who knew you just to get in.

In my case it was my future Brother-in-Law under pressure both from my sister and mother, i had applied to go into the airforce. i think they were worried i'd spend more time in the glass house than flying, due ti my mouthy ways, no idea why ;).

I do remember my sister, waking me at 4am, standing over me threatening to remove my privates with a very rusty pair of scissors already placed, if i ever embarrassed him, and you think i'm crazy!

Installations were handed over by the installation engineer to the area service engineer, usually accompanied by your supervisor for acceptance, it was then still installations responsibility for six weeks, so if you had messed up you went back in your own time to fix it, if out of hours it was attended by service engineer, but if your fault it came out of your bonus and that includes customer error - because you had not made sure they understood how to use it, with no argument. Stopped the 'fit and run' idiots, as something you did not want, especially if you a trainee - very effective regarding emphasising quality control.

If quality lowered after i left, then i rest my case ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

So apart from the noise of the above, especially raf and my history, you are saying that you were the one that controlled Chubb and its fornames with regards to quality and ability?

your catching up jimmy lad....lol

you going to have ti expand in that James!

Chubb Alarms was formed by buying Guardall, Rely-A-Bell and Burgot Alarms. In my time there, highest standards was the norm, most engineers were trained sparks on Burgot, bit like the Print, you had to be 'sponsored' by someone who knew you just to get in.

In my case it was my future Brother-in-Law under pressure both from my sister and mother, i had applied to go into the airforce. i think they were worried i'd spend more time in the glass house than flying, due ti my mouthy ways, no idea why ;).

I do remember my sister, waking me at 4am, standing over me threatening to remove my privates with a very rusty pair of scissors already placed, if i ever embarrassed him, and you think i'm crazy!

Installations were handed over by the installation engineer to the area service engineer, usually accompanied by your supervisor for acceptance, it was then still installations responsibility for six weeks, so if you had messed up you went back in your own time to fix it, if out of hours it was attended by service engineer, but if your fault it came out of your bonus and that includes customer error - because you had not made sure they understood how to use it, with no argument. Stopped the 'fit and run' idiots, as something you did not want, especially if you a trainee - very effective regarding emphasising quality control.

If quality lowered after i left, then i rest my case ;).

I got the "we did this" of my 92 year old Grandad today. I respect him but he doesn't have a fuking clue these days.

!

Archived