Security Installer Community

Gent Vigilon Delay Block ?

whizzer

i cannot seem to clear the fault and delay indicators on a Vigilon , i have sorted the original faults on the system but cant seem to clear the delay ?????

the printer needs paper but i dont think that clears the delay indicator when refilled, any ideas ?

i cannot seem to clear the fault and delay indicators on a Vigilon , i have sorted the original faults on the system but cant seem to clear the delay ?????

the printer needs paper but i dont think that clears the delay indicator when refilled, any ideas ?

not a panel I really know but what faults are showing

this delay indicator has been on since i first looked at the system, the last fault was a device which i replaced and that cleared.

what menu should i check or change for display active ?

it's the display active menu,it's not a panel to mess with it can go all very wrong very easily..

Anything Gent is a nightmare. This and Fike (Rafiki) Sita are very similar as designed by the same folks. Just like  goncall said, things can go very badly very quickly. Give the tech line a call.

• 3 weeks later...

card 15 being the printer lol, delay block being lit is not a problem, it could be for plant shut down (may be delayed for 2 minutes  incase of false alarm) or could be sounders in a hospital to allow investigation time or a school, could be on comms to prevent the big red bus coming out for a couple of minutes if someone burnt toast or a public building where a millicious alarm could be activated in say a shopping center etc

if delays are setup, they should be documented somewhere in the paperwork, i always leave a sheet in the panel with special instructions like delays, shutdowns, comms etc,

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

Archived