Security Installer Community

Accreditation, Worth It Or Not?

JaysonKandiah

Hello All! Hope everyone is good! Finally a trade member!

Anyway, another question from this corner and that is, we are a fairly new company operating for nearly a year as a company and i work from home ATM with our own engineers sent out when installations come by.

I just wanted to ask whether accreditation is worth it, and SSAIB or NSI Silver, I wanted to get silver but the way companies are split up between silver and gold is something i'm not too fond about.

Dont get me wrong, My installs are great and ive heard before and the gear is brilliant aswell but the bad ones normally get pushed out of the trade because of their wrong doing to the customers.

I want to go for silver first then ill go gold after but SSAIB or NSI Silver. what are everyone's experiences before and after accreditation and do customers demand it?

Regards

Jayson

CCTV Distributor of AcuraPRO and Samsung CCTV Equipment -

Trade Customers: www.acurasystemsdirect.com

but the bad ones normally get pushed out of the trade because of their wrong doing to the customers.

Do they? Some right crooks in my old town still going strong. 10 years after I left.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Dont get me wrong, My installs are great and ive heard before and the gear is brilliant aswell but the bad ones normally get pushed out of the trade because of their wrong doing to the customers.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Personally I try to do the best I can for my customers, I am proud of my Gold badge and would recommend that everyone that wants to do the best they can to go for the Gold one. It seems like a lot more work in comparison but then thats the point isnt it?

Personally I try to do the best I can for my customers, I am proud of my Gold badge and would recommend that everyone that wants to do the best they can to go for the Gold one. It seems like a lot more work in comparison but then thats the point isnt it?

thanks for the reply mate! does all your customers ask for the accreditation? we are a new business and currently dont have many cctv customers compared to our computer clients so im thinking waiting then registering for SSAIB or silver, what do you think?

For CCTV only it would surely be a millstone around the neck for absolutely no gain?

I agree entirley. We have CCTV & 8418 CCTV. Anyone ever asked for it and did we need it to do the CCTV jobs we have? Never.

thanks for the reply mate! does all your customers ask for the accreditation? we are a new business and currently dont have many cctv customers compared to our computer clients so im thinking waiting then registering for SSAIB or silver, what do you think?

If we are talking CCTV only we have a few monitored CCTV systems that can only be Gold and because of this they are fairly lucrative. We have some celebs that will only choose Gold. We have several schools that had three surveys from three golds. To be fair, the majority of our CCTV customers probably didnt invite us because we are gold, but we still won the contract despite being more expensive than the non golds

For CCTV only I wouldn't dream of getting any kind of accreditation apart form a hand full of health and safety certificates to allow me to work on larger sites.

Saying that I have had to turn down some tenders due to not being Gold, not because of Gold because of not having ISO.

so if thats the case guys, then what kind of accreditation shall i go for? so that i can do some work for businesses and school etc?

The majority of my subscriber base falls into those catagories mentioned and well over 1/2 of them don't require any approval. Have you reasearched if you actually need approval for what you want to do?

The majority of my subscriber base falls into those catagories mentioned and well over 1/2 of them don't require any approval. Have you reasearched if you actually need approval for what you want to do?

I have researched and i can't really find much. I'm doing everything cctv from homes and businesses and offices and computer services. what do u think?

CCTV forget it. I say that as a SSAIB company who has both CCTV badges and pays £400 a year for them for no real benefit at all. Don't forget, if you have the badge it isn't just the annual fees (which mine total around £1600 a year now) every system you install you have to give a certificate which are expensive. For the market you are chasing that is significant.

My personal view is I'd wait until it stops you getting work otherwise it could just be a complete waste of cash that you could spend on other things.

CCTV forget it. I say that as a SSAIB company who has both CCTV badges and pays £400 a year for them for no real benefit at all. Don't forget, if you have the badge it isn't just the annual fees (which mine total around £1600 a year now) every system you install you have to give a certificate which are expensive. For the market you are chasing that is significant.

My personal view is I'd wait until it stops you getting work otherwise it could just be a complete waste of cash that you could spend on other things.

amen, thanks for that matt

Everyone's right. If you have cash and your pipeline of sales is strong then go for accreditation now so you get into good habits.

But if you are like any start up then I would spend time growing the business - loads out there not looking for silver or gold specifically.

The specifiers who write into specs asking for Gold are just covering their butts - why not? But even then it hasn't stopped us tendering/winning some of those jobs because the end user client actually didn't need a silver/gold anyway.

That said, we are now going down the process of getting accredited - but that is after 5 years.

The trigger for us is both being specified and to get URNs for alarms.

Good luck!

Everyone's right. If you have cash and your pipeline of sales is strong then go for accreditation now so you get into good habits.

But if you are like any start up then I would spend time growing the business - loads out there not looking for silver or gold specifically.

What's the badge got to do with good habits?

You're either that way inclined or you're not.

If you're not, then the badge is just a mask.

Archived