Security Installer Community

Scantronic Ion

scannyman

Hello from Eric, a newbie!

We are using lots of Scantronic 95 etc. here and have for years.  We are starting to see and use some of the ION wireless / wired stuff.  I just wondered if any members had any comments about this range?

Eric

Why thank you!

Whilst I don't want to appear two faced on this one, as I've just quoted for an i-on with a small wireless element*, I really would discourage any new application of the

Scantronic 7XXr system.

It is only 1 way, and not witstanding that, one of our more technical members has opened great big holes in it. That said, I've got an ion 40 with over 20 wireless zones

(all contacts) and have had no problems at all (its monitored so I'd know :) ) and another with 5 Xcel wireless scanny PIRs which is set all weekend every weekend

which isn't monitored but trust me I'd be hearing about it if it FA'd!

However, I do think the ion, especially the 30, whilst not cheap, is a nice capable little panel, and whilst I'm looking at texe and liking what I see,

I'll miss using it a lot for things like shops or small units, not so much domestics where I think the texe 12 will rule**

* Had to go scanny 'one last time' as texe don't do a ricochet transmitter with 4 or more universal inputs AFAIK :(

** Does it work OK with Webway yet!?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Why thank you!

Whilst I don't want to appear two faced on this one, as I've just quoted for an i-on with a small wireless element*, I really would discourage any new application of the

Scantronic 7XXr system.

It is only 1 way, and not witstanding that, one of our more technical members has opened great big holes in it. That said, I've got an ion 40 with over 20 wireless zones

(all contacts) and have had no problems at all (its monitored so I'd know :) ) and another with 5 Xcel wireless scanny PIRs which is set all weekend every weekend

which isn't monitored but trust me I'd be hearing about it if it FA'd!

However, I do think the ion, especially the 30, whilst not cheap, is a nice capable little panel, and whilst I'm looking at texe and liking what I see,

I'll miss using it a lot for things like shops or small units, not so much domestics where I think the texe 12 will rule**

* Had to go scanny 'one last time' as texe don't do a ricochet transmitter with 4 or more universal inputs AFAIK :(

** Does it work OK with Webway yet!?

Thanks for the tips!  I do not make the decisions on product use (of course) but I think the driver for using the ION is for the wired / wireless mix. The install guys do not install any Scantronic wireless at the moment.

Thanks for the tips!  I do not make the decisions on product use (of course) but I think the driver for using the ION is for the wired / wireless mix. The install guys do not install any Scantronic wireless at the moment.

I would look at the Texecom Premier 12...

Mine doesn't :no:

Or perhaps the 24 :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived