Security Installer Community

G2 44 Arc Failure

al-yeti

Hi

Right then, this customer wants me to go and remove an error, apparently they got full access to codes but have some kind of continuos message appearing "ARC comms fail" or something like that is described, i am assuming they have disconnected the telephone line and they have had an alarm perhaps false alarm , and it wants to dial out each time that happens

whats the option to stop it from wanting to do that? i dont deal with arc's at all so just want to tell it not to do it on alarm

yes another ex ADT system

My advice would be rip it out if you are not confident and fit one you know like the back of your hand :)

It will pay off over time

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

I think I've covered the ARC failure on a G2 here before.

When the G2 is setup for reporting to an ARC and the communication to the ARC fails (Phone/GSM/IP), the panel holds the reporting events in a buffer. The buffer holding the events causes the ARC failure to persist even when you remove the ARC settings.  The only way to flush the buffer is to restart / power cycle the panel or to correct the ARC connection problem and push through two successful event transmissions.

When I developed the low cost Ethernet module, I added an override option to disable the ARC failure situation at the panel side, as the panel ARC fail clearing is a pain on the Galaxy.  With this override in place, all the ARC connectivity monitoring is provided at the ARC side. It cannot be overridden in the Honeywell PSTN/GSM/IP firmware.

lol no

actually perhaps it came across wrong, more like i will learn overtime and know something about it, option 56 i have it sorted , so appreciate the comments thanks

lol, at matty but many a true word said in jest, i have done this job over 10 years and wouldnt dare claim i knew all the panels, the beauty of the gal is its so diverse, especially when you start playing with links and using the 485 and 232 in ways you never thought you would.

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

Archived